Reliance SMART launch unlimited GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
here in west bengal circle reliance smart (reliance GSM service) started GPRS service, they sending messages that they offering unlimited GPRS, for Rs.303. you have to e-recharge with Rs.303 and GPRS will be activate, and you can surf it from PC also. i will test it between 2-3 days and then can tell you guys about the SMART experience:rolleyes: i think they just offering GPRS, not EDGE. BTW, any info from other circles??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
GPRS is really slow :( you would get MAX of 48 kbps that too on idle condition so at best I assume around 30 kbps means download speeds of around 3/4 kbps...

:|

I dont think they would be able to compete with AirTel Rs. 490 unlimited EDGE :lol:

OP
Tech.Masti

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
ok then they not offering EDGE, Airtel or BSNL better here, specially BSNL is offering unlimited GPRS in around Rs.350, and BSNL has much better signal strength.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
once again BSNL lacks the support for EDGE :( where as its I think only AirTel in Kolkata providing EDGE support, download speeds at around 30 kbps with Class 32 supported phones :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Choto Cheeta said:
once again BSNL lacks the support for EDGE :( where as its I think only AirTel in Kolkata providing EDGE support, download speeds at around 30 kbps with Class 32 supported phones :D

BSNL has EDGE in Postpaid

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
i use airtel in jamshedpur....wit a non edged phone it works pathetic here....downloads are upto 5-6kbps at nite using download manager...otherwise in day time its too sluggish...its not consistant...pauses a lot while browsing...all in all....i get 2 open digit homepage in abt 1min...

once u get a hand exp on smart plz lemme know...if ts same or better

Enjoy~!

Pat

Beyond Smart
amol48 said:
WTH we don't have Reliance GSM here in Maharashtra :-(

They have just recently acquired license to start GSM services in all major circles! So I am guessing that its gonna start soon in Maharashta too!

prafull

Broken In
I too got a similar sms and then had a long talk with smart cutomer care today. Here is what I got from them:-

1. Yes, smart is providing gprs services.(Here in MP as well).
2. They will be charging 303 Rs for 1 month. No hidden charges. You can download as much ass you want and you can also use your pc.
3. They are providing GPRS/EDGE.That means if you got an EDGE enabled cellphone you will get EDGE at no extra cost. And unlike Airtel they claim to support all EDGE enabled phones.

Now, I am just waiting for some reviews. If they can provide around 200 kbps its surely time to say bbye to all other net connections.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I have a reliance smart connection and I activated the GPRS on the day it was announced, just to give it a try.

Its more than a week that I am using it. The speed is 2.75 KB/s. No edge.
The connection is unlimited and I have downloaded 70 MB till now in my N73. PC browsing is pre-activated. No configuration needed. Just connect to PC using a datacable or bluetooth and dial any number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom