Reliance 3G Modem Boot up Problem

sameerwni

Spiritual Eternity
I bought Reliance 3G modem few days back Which is actually the Huawei E173 hardwired.It works fine but the problem occurs during system boot up as my PC gets stuck when the modem is detected.As Obvious it detects HDD first then other connected peripherals, when it searches for USB devices connected at first it detects Huawei Mass Storage and then pauses at the second USB Device which is infact the Huwaei SD Storage.The only solution I found is to remove the modem after which the Computer detects USB DEVICE #2 as Huawei SD Storage and successfully boots up.
Now the problem is that I don't want to remove the modem each and every time, so someone please provide an alternate solution.
Thanks.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
does it comes with a switch? exactly same problem was with my uncle. they have a BSNL modem by Siemens and when it is on, it takes around 4-5min for PC to boot whereas when the modem is turned off (a power key was provided) PC boots in less than a minute.

OP
sameerwni

sameerwni

Spiritual Eternity
does it comes with a switch? exactly same problem was with my uncle. they have a BSNL modem by Siemens and when it is on, it takes around 4-5min for PC to boot whereas when the modem is turned off (a power key was provided) PC boots in less than a minute.

No it doesn't have any switch,it would have solved my problem if it had one!:lol:

disable booting from usb option in the bios....

That was the first thing that came to my mind, changed it to HDD only but of no use.

**********PROBLEM SOLVED********
I disabled the Onboard USB Legacy Controller and everything works fine now.
Figured out that system was trying to initialize modem at startup where as it can be initialized only via its software.
Thnx evry1 here!
:p

Top Bottom