related to dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
in windows xp is there any way to access dos during bootup(or afterwards if possible) without a boot up disk. cause my floopy drive is not working and donno how to make boot up cd. it troubles a lot during reinstallation of windows.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U can install DOS 7.10, which will add an option for booting in DOS in BOOT LOADER! So u'll hv a dual boot system with XP and DOS.....

U can find the link by searching the forum, I'm sure it was posted somewhere in the forum!

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I hope you havent forgotten the old way:

Press F8 just before the windows bootup screen comes in and in the options given, choose Start in Ms-Dos mode.

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
@vishal cant find the link if u come across it or someone else does then plz copy it here. and tell more abt it whether it is safe or not and hope it is from microsoft only.
@yrana well had forgotten in times of distress. will remember it now

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Here is the link:

D/l DOS 7.10

@yrana2002

Pressing F8 doesnt give the option Start in DOS mode if u r using Windows XP boot loader!

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
and also tell me how to exactly download it. has so many links i got confused. shall i download all?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
No just download the last file ie. full installation cd. Its an iso image just burn it to a cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.