Not open for further replies.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Guyz it a long story
But I'll try to xpain n short
So I needed a new net connection

Just the time Reliance ppl were promoting their plans in out colony

I called up Reliance person & told him my requirements & asked abt plan
He said I should go for a plan worth Rs 300 (+500 Installation charges)
I asked about the download speed on which he said 100Kbps
I gain asked whether its browsing speed or download speed on which he said "Download speed" and further added that minimum connection defined as broadband by Indian govt. is 256 Kbps so its "Download Speed "
I said Ok & signed up papers
What he requested is that I'll get a call from tech. dept. asking me if i know about the plan . I should answer it as "affirmative"
I told him abt my plans to go out of station so please be quick in this regard as I dont want to chat in roaming with your people.
But again I got a call in roaming:eek:
They put up the connection at my house which when I checked was 100kbps browsing speed not download
Now I'm planning to sue them in consumer court.:-x
I feel so bad ...!!!
Anybody having prior experience may please suggest what should I do

VD17

Journeyman
OMG... i would jump of a building rather than going for anyother reliance product again.. had enough of RIM postpaid/prepaid.
btw, have you sorted out the kbps and KBps issue? i'm sure you must have but still, just confirming.
here's what you do: complain. tell em that TRAI will have their arses for breakfast if they dont pull their socks up. (you might need to explain who/what TRAI is to the cc guys because they are that dumb most of the time). if they still dont budge, contact their nodal agent (details available on their site). if nothing happens, try these sites: www.core.nic.in or www.whitelibra.com these sites are supported by the ministry of consumer affairs (atleast core.nic.in and whitelibra is the sister website, i think.)
all the best! may you sue them and earn healthy money! :D

Stuge

Youngling
Today (as usual) Reliance salesman called me for the promotion of their Broadband . .He asked me which connection do I use .I said MTNL 749NU ,then he couldn't say anything else lol

some of my friends who where using Reliance previously are now using Airtel or MTNL broadband .

sourav123

Thinking Different
Well I have a Reliance WiMAX connection in Bangalore. It has its own downtime, but when I get a connection, the browsing speed is really fast and also I have not faced any billing irregularity till now. But given a choice, I would be happy to get a better connection like Airtel.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Guyz it a long story
But I'll try to xpain n short
So I needed a new net connection

Just the time Reliance ppl were promoting their plans in out colony

I called up Reliance person & told him my requirements & asked abt plan
He said I should go for a plan worth Rs 300 (+500 Installation charges)
I asked about the download speed on which he said 100Kbps
I gain asked whether its browsing speed or download speed on which he said "Download speed" and further added that minimum connection defined as broadband by Indian govt. is 256 Kbps so its "Download Speed "
I said Ok & signed up papers
What he requested is that I'll get a call from tech. dept. asking me if i know about the plan . I should answer it as "affirmative"
I told him abt my plans to go out of station so please be quick in this regard as I dont want to chat in roaming with your people.
But again I got a call in roaming:eek:
They put up the connection at my house which when I checked was 100kbps browsing speed not download
Now I'm planning to sue them in consumer court.:-x
I feel so bad ...!!!
Anybody having prior experience may please suggest what should I do

Buddy there are no such things as 'Browsing speed' and 'Download speed'! They are the same..The problem u faced was the misunderstanding with the Rel. operator..He meant Kbps and you understood it as KBPS! The only thing you can do now is to check whether their plan is listed as Broadband..If it is, then you have a right to complain, else tough luck!

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^yep, there aint no such thing.

If he did get you a paper saying 100KBps, then by all means , sue em.
Sue em till the their last penny :p

And if they didnt, if they atleast had the word "broadband" , then you can sue em, coz according to TRAI, broadband is minimum 256Kbps which is 32KBps.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Don't go to consumer court. Instead cut their cables in local vicinity. That will create much trouble for them than the consumer court. Also, you will have to spend time, money and efforts in the consumer court without being assured of any result. From my experience, I know it works best. Courts are honest people, not dishonest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom