Regarding saving updates after SP2.. Urgent ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hi!
I would like to know that how do I save all my updates installed after SP2.. I have read many posts regarding this topic on the forum but did not get a satisfactory answer regarding saving all the updates after SP2. So,please help me by answering the following:
:arrow: Which folder exactly will I have to save?
:arrow: When I have reinstalled my system with SP2, how do I reinstall those updates on to my PC?
:arrow: Does the AutoPatcher which comes on the DIGIT DVD have any use in updating my PC if I do not save the folder in which updates after SP2 are there?
Plz reply.. THANX
Warm regards, Siddhartha

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
look for a hidden folder MSdownload.tmp.It could be anywhere depending upon the available partitions in ur hdd.But most of them will not work if u try to install them manualy.KB hotfix updates can be saved nd installed later this way

saROMan

QA Juggler
//siddhartha// said:
Hi!
I would like to know that how do I save all my updates installed after SP2.. I have read many posts regarding this topic on the forum but did not get a satisfactory answer regarding saving all the updates after SP2. So,please help me by answering the following:
:arrow: Which folder exactly will I have to save?
:arrow: When I have reinstalled my system with SP2, how do I reinstall those updates on to my PC?
:arrow:
Does the AutoPatcher which comes on the DIGIT DVD have any use in updating my PC if I do not save the folder in which updates after SP2 are there
?
Plz reply.. THANX
Warm regards, Siddhartha

Which folder exactly will I have to save?
->%SYSTEMFOLDER%\SoftwareDistribution\Download
OR
c:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate

These are Hidden folders so u have to go to folder option uncheck Hidden/system files etc

When I have reinstalled my system with SP2, how do I reinstall those updates on to my PC?

Just Double Click Each File and it will get Installed ..Only drawback is you will have to Restart every time....

The Best way is get autopatcher ......

Does the AutoPatcher which comes on the DIGIT DVD have any use in updating my PC if I do not save the folder in which updates after SP2 are there

Yes if u have Autopatcher ..you dont ned to save the Updates(Though u will need to save new Updates installed after Autopatcher is installed )

Autopatcher has all the Updates available till the date of its release ..also it restarts only 1's in the End ....

CONCLUSION

Install Sp2 ...Install the Latest Autopatcher ver you have ..and you have a Nearly Uptodate System (if ur Autopatcher is lill bit older)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom