regarding pendrive !

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkinboy95

Right off the assembly line
1 of my friend bought a datatravler 40gb kingston pendrive !! so aftr 2 -3 months hes havin a problm in it !! he can not format it !!! whn he selects format then it shows the format option window like this
*img195.imageshack.us/img195/685/77054766.th.png
nd then whn i select the othr option it do not show so aftr clickin the start button my mouse shows the loadin sign nd it goes back to normal ! nd the option window do not even change aftr i click the start button he use this in windows xp but in vista it gets formatd for exfat but now for NTFS !!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
40GB pen drive?

Were u/he ever able to use the whole 40 GB or at least more that 20 GB?

Why don't u try to format it from command prompt?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Try HP USB Disk Storage Format tool and see if it works. Win2k / XP cannot format a disk with Fat32 for more than 32 Gb you'll have to use a third party tool for that.

I dont think they have 40gb models, but i know some people sell duplicate pen drives of 40gb , 60gb and 80gb on footpath,for 300 and 400rs which really wont work.

and yes there are 32gb and 64gb models which costs 3k+ and 5k+ approx.

hemantpl

Broken In
I dont think they have 40gb models, but i know some people sell duplicate pen drives of 40gb , 60gb and 80gb on footpath,for 300 and 400rs which really wont work.

and yes there are 32gb and 64gb models which costs 3k+ and 5k+ approx.

you r right I was in pune and they were selling 32 gb sony pen drive for 700 buks without warrany, fake

techline

Right off the assembly line
The 40 GB and 32 GB china models are fake. It's actually a 1GB or 500 MB pen drive. The volume it's showing is a virtual one.

ECE0105

In the zone
The Filesystem of the Pen drive seems to be dirty... Take a mug full of water and immerse the pendrive in it (u can use Surf Excel) and then try it, it should work ..........

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
lol pen drive seems too have come 2 cheaper now

I bought a transcend 4gb jet flash with d mini dvd which has pen drive features like locking and all for Rs. 3800/- for a 4gb one ( 2 yr back )

Digit june says 8gb kingston for Rs. 925/- :((((((((((((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom