Regarding laptop under 43k

System_2010

Broken In
Hi Team,

I require your opinion regarding a laptop under 43k with 2nd generation processors. My requirements are web browsing, movies, MS office, software development with Oracle apps and casual gaming. I require battery backup of 3-4 hours.

I have short listed two laptops Lenovo Z570 and HP DV6 6015tx.

Lenovo Z570: core i5-2410M 2.3GHZ
3GB 1333 MHz DDR3
640GB HDD (5400 rpm)
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit
Nvidia GT520M-1GB graphics.
4 USB 2.0 ports
price 43k

HP DV6 6015tx: core i3-2310M 2.1GHZ
4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
500 GB HDD (5400 rpm)
AMD Radeon HD 6490M (1 GB DDR5)
Beats sound system
Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit
2 USB 3.0 ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports
price around 43k

I have heard that HP laptops are slow, overheat at full load and so their life is less (around 3-4 years max). What is your opinion regarding this? Also HP is offering USB 3.0 ports whose data transfer speed is around 10x faster than USB 2.0.
So is it a good choice to buy USB 3.0 enabled hardware or USB 2.0 can be upgraded to USB 3.0 in the future? I require a detailed explanation regarding this.
Please let me know which one is a better buy for my requirements with good after sales service.

srawat_itpro

Broken In
I think Z570 should be a better choice on account of better processor and Nvidia switchable graphics which helps in conserving battery life. How much USB usage would you really need with a 640 GB HDD and would that extra high transfer speed in UBS 3.0 really benefit? I think not having USB 3.0 might pinch in another 4-5 years but not immidiately. Not sure about the upgrade path though. My advice would be to go to a store and monitor the screen resolution and viewing angles and clarity for urself. Lenovo had some screen issues in Y series model earlier.

Rgds
Sandy

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I have HP dv6-6017tx and can confirm that there are no serious heating issues thanks to HP Coolsense technology. Speed depends on processor and not on the make of laptop. Lenovo will definitely be faster but HP will beat in in gaming (1GB GDDR5)

Why don't you buy an Inspiron 15R. Will be the best bet at your price. Otherwise go for lenovo or an i5 model in HP

OP
S

System_2010

Broken In
Hi,

I went to the store and found that the HP DV6-6015tx laptop has less viewing angles and the quality of display is not as good as other brands like dell. Also in Lenovo Z570 the sound output is less compared to other brands. Also how is the after sales service of lenovo, compared to other brands and is there any heating issues in lenovo?
Also do you know when is Dell going to launch inspiron line with 2nd generation processors?

Top Bottom