Regarding fhd videos and gaming on lg 42pn4500

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Im planning to buy this tv cuz its cheapest plasma with good reviews - LG Electronics PN4500 42PN4500 42-Inch Plasma 720p 600Hz TV (Black):Amazon:Electronics

Wanted to know whether fhd videos will run well in 720p plasma tv?. Also with regards to gaming, will it have good frames per second to enjoy graphically rich games

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Your budget?

Get this Panasonic TH-P42XT50D

My budget is 40k max. I saw the picture quality of the LG Tv at stores and it was very good. I was concerned about the 1080p playback and gaming smoothness

How much does the Panasonic one cost?

I had a query . Is there any perceptible difference between 720p video and 1080p video on a 720p plasma TV?

ghemanth90

Broken In
Plasma TV is about to become extinct.. Panasonic pioneer of plasma TVs, ends production last month.
Panasonic concedes plasma TV defeat, ends production | The Verge
Save up a little and opt for LED TV..

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Bumping this thread as i need some more info.

The warranty will still remain intact even if the companies stopped producing Plasma TVs. I am more concerned about future proofing in terms of rendering games on PS4 and Xbox one. Do plasma TVs have any inherent disadvantages as compared to LCD/LED in terms of graphical processing capability of new consoles and other terms like refresh rate, input lag, motion blur etc.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Bumping this thread as i need some more info.

The warranty will still remain intact even if the companies stopped producing Plasma TVs. I am more concerned about future proofing in terms of rendering games on PS4 and Xbox one. Do plasma TVs have any inherent disadvantages as compared to LCD/LED in terms of graphical processing capability of new consoles and other terms like refresh rate, input lag, motion blur etc.

I've heard that Plasmas have greater refresh rate than LCD and Image Burn-in
in refresh rate : lesser is better

Top Bottom