Reference Books for Class XII CBSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, im in 12th now, so looking for some reference books and books that are having those sample papers and previous year papers as well. I already have ML Khanna IIT maths, but that too high level for school IMO. Suggest me some good books for Boards preps. and reference books for Subjects Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I have read SL Arora fo physics in class XI and Pradeep for chemistry in 11th but im not sure if the same applies for 12.

As the Boards are going on.I would also appreciate feedback for the current study cycle that you guys follow and what would suggest to improve on.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Maths: RD Sharma
Physics: HC Verma
Chemistry: NCERT should be enough.

When I was in 12th, I completed all the NCERT books before December. For boards, its better to look up last few years' question papers.

Thank you all. My chemistry teacher says that all the chemistry questions(numericals) come exactly from NCERT even the quantities are same. Is it so? I already have HC Verma, will me completing it for basics of JEE of course. I think that should be enough. Ill look through some question papers in summer vacations itself after completing some chapters to get a vague idea if i wanna get some other books or not.
SL Arora in physics for XI was a great book though. It has summerised questions of concept. So really for XII NCERT is enough?

- - - Updated - - -

For maths, some suggest RS Aggrawal and say RD's crap and some say the opposite. Suggestions? ML Khanna is killer, i cant even look at the book, may do a topic or two but its over my level, so looking for a better much useful one.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
For maths, some suggest RS Aggrawal and say RD's crap and some say the opposite. Suggestions? ML Khanna is killer, i cant even look at the book, may do a topic or two but its over my level, so looking for a better much useful one.

Both are good books..choice is yours
do one thing borrow both books from your School Library or Friends and check for yourself

$hadow

Geek in making
For the basics go only with the NCERT. But for maths I would still insist on the RD. I got 96 in 12 and in chemistry 92 and this is only by reading Ncert. On a side note also study XamIdea.

Okay, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

So, any any body gimme a study pattern that i should follow as im planning to study for JEE on my own, i need a lot of time for the same, so i want to complete my NCERT as soon as possible. A particular study pattern that works out for you? or some changes that you would have wanted to make but were not able to?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You are asking for JEE now when you have boards going on? o_O

I wanted to practice more questions from these books for JEE/AIEEE

Physics: DC Pandey and IE Irodov*
Maths: A Das Gupta
Physical Chemistry: P Bahadur
Organic Chemistry: Morrison & Boyd/Arihant/OP Tandon
Inorganic Chemistry: Arihant/OP Tandon

*Attempt only if you have enough time after finishing DC Pandey

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Just a heads up, don't take it seriously if you find Irodov difficult. It is very, very difficult. Questions are of Masters/Ph.D level.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yep, I do already have some idea, thanks anyways.... So should I do hc verma before DC pandey or it provides support for noobs it's self?

You can do both side by side if you prefer. Its better to do it topic wise. First HC verma and then DC Pandey is normally suggested. HCV is for building up your basic knowledge and DCP is for applying and improving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom