Redmi Mi Note Pro - language problem..

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I recently got a new Mi Note Pro for my dad from China.. The phone is just awesome, the feel, build and camera quality are just perfect but the thing that i did not know is that since it has not been out for global release, many of the internal (pre-loaded apps) are in Chinese.. I tried changing the language to english but that just made the keyboard into english while the apps and majority of the setting are still in Chinese ( eg : the browser shows everything in Chinese, some settings and notifications are still in Chinese etc..). The worst part is that it is not allowing Google Play Store to launch.. Can someone help me out?? Even if the google play store starts working then i can make my dad to adjust with the Chinese pre-loaded apps but without that, the phone seems useless..

Flashing would be a very difficult affair for me..

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I recently got a new Mi Note Pro for my dad from China.. The phone is just awesome, the feel, build and camera quality are just perfect but the thing that i did not know is that since it has not been out for global release, many of the internal (pre-loaded apps) are in Chinese.. I tried changing the language to english but that just made the keyboard into english while the apps and majority of the setting are still in Chinese ( eg : the browser shows everything in Chinese, some settings and notifications are still in Chinese etc..). The worst part is that it is not allowing Google Play Store to launch.. Can someone help me out?? Even if the google play store starts working then i can make my dad to adjust with the Chinese pre-loaded apps but without that, the phone seems useless..

Have you tried flashing a custom rom from xda?

Xiaomi Mi Note Pro

OR

Try factory resetting the phone and then select english during the setup process.

How to change default language from Chinese to English in MIUI6? - Redmi Note 3G - Xiaomi MIUI Official Foru

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
+1 for factory reset.
I am not sure if they have a different build for their local market and one for Global market.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Have you tried flashing a custom rom from xda?

Xiaomi Mi Note Pro

OR

Try factory resetting the phone and then select english during the setup process.

How to change default language from Chinese to English in MIUI6? - Redmi Note 3G - Xiaomi MIUI Official Foru

The english option makes only 40% of the things English wjile the rest remains chinese.. Moreover, it wont allow Google play store to launch..
Is flashing the only way left?? I have simply no idea about flashing and dont even have that much time to go around researching about it like in the good old days..

Top Bottom