Red Faction: Armageddon thread!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Hmm, lets get it straight out, how many of you had played this beauty? If yes, then share screenshots, experiences, if not then grab it asap.

I'll post a detailed review soon, till then feel free to trash this thread, with red faction news only.

Some shots:

*i.imgur.com/R4cqO.jpg

*i.imgur.com/PQfdB.jpg

*i.imgur.com/EVKQ1.jpg

The epic nano forge, everything can be broken down and rebuilt, even upgrade stations.
*i.imgur.com/iarLX.jpg

I suggest everyone to play the game, asap.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I did and loved every bit of it. This was definitely more fun the Guerrilla. The game took a linear path and the Dead Space approach for it's enemies. Heck, even the path highlighting seems to be lifted off Dead Space. I loved the variety of weapons and upgrade options in this game. My 2 favourite weapons were Charge Launcher & Singularity Cannon. I used these 2 weapons extensively in the last few hours. The parts which included us taking control of the L.E.O.(Military Exo-suit), Walker & the Flyer were way too much fun and carnage created was doubled. This game was fast and didn't break it's pace. There were moments when we have enemies overload and it's really get's a bit tiring to rip them apart, but you won't be bored, THAT I can guarantee. Physics were awesome, as always, HAVOK has always been an epitome of rendering brilliant physics in games. BTW you can use Nano Forge, a tool, which allows you to re-build what you have destroyed. Voice acting and the cinematic cut-scenes were really well done. Definitely worth a shot.

Reactions: ico

gameranand

Living to Play
I played Guirella but didn't liked that much because of lame controls of vechiles when you have to exlore that much.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I played Guirella but didn't liked that much because of lame controls of vechiles when you have to exlore that much.
RFA and RFG is like heaven and hell, totally different, and RFA is more fun, try it out.

Finished this game a few months ago. The story was meh , but the game made up for it. The arsenal and the shooting plus the awesome graphics were the best parts of the game. I loved shooting those bad arse aliens with the assault rifle and the singularity gun. And the upgrades offered were bad-ass. Purchased the upgrade that gives you full ammo for a short while and use it with a fully upgraded singularity gun, man'o'man, now that uber explosive fun. A bit of a overkill, but it definitely felt good to kill 10s of those aliens at once. The variety of aliens and the numbers in which the came pushed up the intensity level and fueled the adrenalin for blood lust. Plus the 12 hr long campaign made the game worth the price. Totally a must play for all TPS lovers.

Reactions: ico

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I played this ( have not completed though ) and RFA felt better compared to RFG ;-)

Top Bottom