Recovery of Deleted Partition

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Hi friends

I am having a 1TB seagate internal HDD which is nearly 4 years old and was working fine till now. But in the last few months two of my partitions got deleted automatically and became unallocated. The partition size was nearly 225 gb in each of them.

These 2 partitions were having many movies and backups of my mobile apks and data. Though they are not much of an importance but I want to know the reason why these partition got deleted and how to recover these partitions.

I am using AMD quadcore x635 with Gig 780G mobo & 4 GB corsair ram. 2ndly, please also tell what new upgraded mobo can be used for expansion along with my quadcore if rest remains same.

Lastly I have a LG DVD writer, it stucks while opening, please tell how to clean it.

regards

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You need to use a tool like testdisk to check and see whether it can identify any partitions and recover them.

Lincon_WD

WD Official
Hi rohitshakti2,

I am sorry to hear about the hard drive issue you are facing.Based on your post, I'd like to check with you, have you tried to connect the HDD to another PC? Is it working fine from the existing PC? If yes, please backup your existing data. Did you run the antivirus scan recently for the PC? Can you see the HDD used space in “Properties”? Could you give me some details about that? For the meantime, I’d suggest you some basic troubleshooting steps that may help you to solve the issue.

1) Go into Disk Management and in the bottom-right panel look for a ribbon which labelled as RAW and has no drive name.
2) Right-click on that & choose Change Drive Letter and Path.
3) Click Add and accept the default letter or choose preferred letter from the list.
4) Click OK.

If it shows as unallocated then you may have to use professional service.

For the motherboard, I’d suggest you to go with the latest MOBO because It helps you to upgrade the system anytime.
Example:
In the future you want to add the GPU, RAM or other card in system, If you have the latest MOBO that means in the future, you can add-on a second GPU card or RAM for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO.

Hope it helps. Keep me posted.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Hi rohitshakti2,

I am sorry to hear about the hard drive issue you are facing.Based on your post, I'd like to check with you, have you tried to connect the HDD to another PC? Is it working fine from the existing PC? If yes, please backup your existing data. Did you run the antivirus scan recently for the PC? Can you see the HDD used space in “Properties”? Could you give me some details about that? For the meantime, I’d suggest you some basic troubleshooting steps that may help you to solve the issue.

1) Go into Disk Management and in the bottom-right panel look for a ribbon which labelled as RAW and has no drive name.
2) Right-click on that & choose Change Drive Letter and Path.
3) Click Add and accept the default letter or choose preferred letter from the list.
4) Click OK.

If it shows as unallocated then you may have to use professional service.

For the motherboard, I’d suggest you to go with the latest MOBO because It helps you to upgrade the system anytime.
Example:
In the future you want to add the GPU, RAM or other card in system, If you have the latest MOBO that means in the future, you can add-on a second GPU card or RAM for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO.

Hope it helps. Keep me posted.

Thanks for the reply. Yes my PC is currently running smoothly except the fact that the games and videos which were on those partitions have been deleted.

I had scanned the PC for virus with avast free and malwarebytes off and on but no suspicious software could be found.

The snaps of my HDD and lost HDD partition are attached. I just want to know if I use applications like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 9.8 Technician or Disk Doctors Windows Data Recovery 3.0.4.388, will I be able to recover the data as it was earlier else I would not try to waste my time and leave the data as that was not much of an importance.

The main thing which I would like to find out is why is this happening to only these 2 partitions again & again and what is the best prevention method for this ?

regards hdd.jpglost.jpg

Lincon_WD

WD Official
Thanks for the reply. Yes my PC is currently running smoothly except the fact that the games and videos which were on those partitions have been deleted.

I had scanned the PC for virus with avast free and malwarebytes off and on but no suspicious software could be found.

The snaps of my HDD and lost HDD partition are attached. I just want to know if I use applications like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 9.8 Technician or Disk Doctors Windows Data Recovery 3.0.4.388, will I be able to recover the data as it was earlier else I would not try to waste my time and leave the data as that was not much of an importance.

The main thing which I would like to find out is why is this happening to only these 2 partitions again & again and what is the best prevention method for this ?

regardsView attachment 16191View attachment 16192

Hi rohitshakti2,

From the details you have provided,It looks like there is some problem with the partition you were using. Probably, the partition which is missing would have bad sectors.I would suggest you to perform Disk checking which will attempt to scan and fix any bad sectors in the partition space if any.

I’d suggest you to find the diagnostic tool from the hard drive manufacturer website and run it.

Do let me know how it goes.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
I checked my pc with hdtune but it did not showed any bad sectors. SS attached.

View image: error
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Interne

I also tried to recover the data but the hdd is showing the following error:

*s31.postimg.org/nyhly4zxz/boot_editor.jpg

A friend told me to make gpt partition but can't find any application which makes gpt partition as he had said that gpt partition save data from crashing...

Top Bottom