Recovering data loss resulted from converting Dynamic Partition to Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

debraj

Broken In
I recently purchased a new SATA-USB adapter and I tried to connect it to my laptop. After few initial struggle, I accidentally converted the Dynamic drive to basic drive without knowing the consequences. Now I search the net only to find out that it causes data loss, and I find myself on the wrong side with the 1TB of extremely important data in jeopardy. I did NOT FORMAT the hard disk and want URGENT help to recover the data. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get the data back. Please HELP!!

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
try this worked for me many times. All friends used to come to me with data loss issue i fixed those with these. Most of the times data recovery was successful.

OP
D

debraj

Broken In
none of them working good for me.. please help.. as I am unable to use that 1TB hard disk.. I still hope there is chance to recover every single bit of data.. Please advice a good one.. :(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Data recovery is something which is in all cases "not granted", means you never know what will happen; you end up recovering every bit or end up losing all. You can try random recovery softs, and if they don't seem to work, then only professional recovery may help you, again which costs enough to buy another or multiple HDDs.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Try this

Free Data Recovery Software to free recover deleted files and recover formatted or corrupt hard drives - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
many data recovery softwares,partioning tools & imaging softwares don't work correctly with dynamic drives.
Convert a Dynamic Disk to a Basic Disk - Windows 7 Forums
see option 4 which uses easeus partition master home(free) to convert dynamic disk to basic disk without formatting.there is another way but that is too technical for an average user & this software probably do the same thing but any user can use it since it is simple GUI point & select.

Amey408

Broken In
Try stellar phoenix data recovery software it's not free but try free version if it's work then it's your call. it's recover my 1TB hdd which i mistakenly formatted.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I once used a tool Partition Table Doctor to restore a deleted partition and was able to get the partition completely back to normal without loss of data. Perhaps you can try it.

Recover Data

Right off the assembly line
Try any Data Recovery software for complete recovery of your data. This softwre allows you to recover and repair your all lost and damaged data instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom