recover word file

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
i had accidently deleted a word file which was very important to me.
i tried recovering the file using recover for all pro, pc inspector file recovery, driver recovery, restoration etc. but i was unsuccesful.
so plz help me if u have any other solution to recover the file..
thanks..

unni

In the zone
Ontrack Easy Recovery is another good recovery software. If you haven't written anything to the partition after the deletion, there is atleast 50% chance of recovering with this software. If you have edited that file using Word and if you have automatic backup enabled in Word, you may also look at the backup folder. Also, look for the temporary files that Word creates whenever it opens a document. In case you don't know about them, these files are created in the same folder, are hidden and have the same name as the document with a "~" sign (I think) and a .tmp extension (again, not sure). Maybe, there is a chance of recovering the file from it.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Try using "Recover My Files". It is a paid version, very effective one. I recovered many times from such blues.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thnx Kiran! correcting post...

@hemant

Try using s/w. from R Studio -> R - Undelete

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Akshay said:
Use PCI Inspector File Recovery. It is totally free n a gr8 s/w.

Plz read the question properly. He says he has already used many recovery softwares including PC Inspector but was unsuccessful.

sumeetindia

Journeyman
Give a try to Recover My Files.
It works most of the time.But if its overwritten then There's nothing You can do

deadpulse

Broken In
unni said:
Ontrack Easy Recovery is another good recovery software. If you haven't written anything to the partition after the deletion, there is atleast 50% chance of recovering with this software. If you have edited that file using Word and if you have automatic backup enabled in Word, you may also look at the backup folder. Also, look for the temporary files that Word creates whenever it opens a document. In case you don't know about them, these files are created in the same folder, are hidden and have the same name as the document with a "~" sign (I think) and a .tmp extension (again, not sure). Maybe, there is a chance of recovering the file from it.
I agree with it. I have recovered many files using the same software. But, just download the latest version so that it will be having support to NTFS systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom