Recover file from Deleted User Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

navino87

In the zone
I am using Windows XP Media Center edition 2005. I have deleted a user profile named "Media Center" without thinking of taking backup.....

I have all my office related documents in my documents.... How can i recover this files??????

I have tried copying the files from c:\ Documents & setting\Media Center\My documents.... But when copying i get an error"NT user Acess Denied"....

How to recover my files now????

Its urgent.....

Thanks in advance

sakumar79

Technomancer
If you have the files but are unable to access them, you should try to take ownership of the folder/files. Not sure about Media center, but in Pro, you go to the folder's properties (right click on folder and select properties), go to Security tab, go advanced. Here, there is option to change owner.

Note that you need to log in with admin priviledges to do this.

Arun

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
Thanks a lot guys..... Some how i have recovered all my files :) .....

Now i have another problem....

I have 3 user accounts(Administrator, XXX, YYY), this 3 have administrative privilege and it is password protected. Now when i start my computer it automatically enters into administrator account without asking for password...

I want sollution for following problems :

1. I want all the users to enter the password and then to enter into a profile..

2. I wanna make XXX or YYY to be the default user name in the login field...

3. Is there any other ways that the users can enter without knowing the password??? If so What to do to prevent this???

Thanks in Advance.....

sakumar79

Technomancer
1. Use "User Accounts 2" in control panel to set "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"
2. No clue
3. Disable Guest account.

Arun

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
Ya sure.... :)

Since all the files in the profile folder in documents and settings got deleted I used EasyRecovery Professional 6.1 1 and recovered all the files without any problem :) ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom