Record 1080p videos in your mobile by 2010:Ericsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Mobile Phones Will Shoot Full HD Video in 2012,' Ericsson Says

Ericsson AB of Sweden revealed its efforts in the mobile broadband market at a press conference Nov 6, 2008.

In the area of mobile communications, innovative technologies such as "HSPA evolution," which is the successor to HSPA, and "LTE (long term evolution)," which features high-speed communications of more than 100Mbps, are drawing interest. For both of these technologies, Ericsson intends to proactively develop and market embedded modules, base station facilities and other products.

During the conference, Ericsson mentioned its concept of a future mobile terminal as "a mobile device in 2012." According to the concept, high-function terminals, in the future, will be equipped with a 12- to 20-Mpixel camera and support full HD video shooting capability.

"We have an image of a mobile terminal equipped with digital camera and camcorder capabilities of the future," said Jonas Lundstedt, Ericsson's Director Portfolio Management, Product and Portfolio Management.

The terminal's display will have XGA resolution. And the operating frequency of the application processor will reach 1GHz, he said. As for its telecommunications functionality, Ericsson expects the device to support 100Mbps or faster LTE.

The company considers that the market shift toward such a future mobile terminal is gradual. Current HSPA technology has a maximum transmission speed of 7.2Mbps, and 59 commercial networks are already operating around the world (38 of which are using Ericsson's system), it said. According to Ericsson, 805 kinds of HSPA-compatible terminals have been released from 129 manufacturers thus far.

"HSPA evolution," an extended version of HSPA, will emerge in late 2008 or later, with the maximum data transmission speed expected to rise to 21Mbps.

"W-CDMA, which has a maximum speed of 384Kbps, emerged in about 2002," Lundstedt said. "The capacity of data transmission will have grown 60 times larger in the six years since then."

On the other hand, he considers that the degree of the introduction of LTE is different depending on the region. The early shift to LTE is scheduled in some regions including Japan, whereas HSPA and HSPA evolution are likely to remain the mainstream for some time to come in other regions, he said.

*i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll164/inzane84/roadmap.jpg
*i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll164/inzane84/2A.jpg
*i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll164/inzane84/2D.jpg

Source

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Ericsson is really top in this dept....

is it true that SE is splitting ?? and with this news .... i see Ericsson standing alone...

heard sony is going to buyout Ericsson....

lets see...

2012... ?? who knows whts waiting at those times ????

thnks amd64_man ... hi hi .. ur old name huh ???

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Bah! Give me qvga res vdo recording for my cell. :p
yeah, entirely possible. Though it feels wierd to read about future... :neutral:
Though yeah, I'd want those cool features, at least processor and cpu speed getting mainstream, by 2012. :D

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
No way,SE are together and they have already made their plans for 2009.From now on, all the high end SE devices will be designed by SE Japan.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
but i heard @ se-nse some news that Sony is going to buyout Ericsson... will post the link

*blog.se-nse.net/2008/08/29/uncertainty-for-sony-ericsson/

*justamp.blogspot.com/2008/08/sony-ericsson-jv-comes-under-pressure.html

i even heard rumours that only becoz of this lingering quarrel or unfinished business , we didnt see any good phones recently...

look at older times .. T610, K750 , k800 ... they were trend setters , but now we / i hardly fnd a trend setting one except for the new C905

these are just rumours..

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
XPERIA?? G705??W902??

Arre yaar, SE are coming up with a 12 mp cam next year..and will shift to 20 mp by 2012..this should be enough i guess..

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i too had this confidence when i bought k850 .. but after this phone everything changed.. but even now i am a great fan of SE ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom