Recommendations: Horror Games

Hello folks!

I've been planing on picking up some horror titles but I'm kind of confused as I never really played many horror games except Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill Homecoming and Alan Wake.

Right now I'm thinking about getting F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R 2 so that I'm all ready when F.3.A.R comes out. I'm also thinking about getting Siren: Blood Curse for the PS3. Played this game Alone in the Dark and it was kind of fun but back then, I never really used to complete the games that I started. Should I start it again?

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
I have to admit i did not play dead space cause it scared everything thats holy out of me..
The game feels pretty crappy when played on mouse as compared to gamepad.
Not to mention weapon plasma cutter (if i got it right) shoots at every possible direction but at aliens when ever I play it.
I haven't played silent hill though. Is it very good??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I'm looking for games with deep storylines. Thanks anyway. :)

I found the story line decent. You could watch Dead Space : Downfall, before you start the game.

I have to admit i did not play dead space cause it scared everything thats holy out of me..
The game feels pretty crappy when played on mouse as compared to gamepad.
Not to mention weapon plasma cutter (if i got it right) shoots at every possible direction but at aliens when ever I play it.
I haven't played silent hill though. Is it very good??
Yes, the aiming system was difficult to get used to. But a lot of TPS have this. RE5 is similar, need to "bring up" the weapon. He he, ya, the plasma cutter used to do a lot of misses, same for me. But that was the most ubiquitous weapon...!

quan chi

mortal kombat
There are many threads available already on this topic.which have all the infos you need.

anyways horror genre is also a bit long it has few sub categories also.

If you mean survival action horror or should i say thriller
then
resident evil series
dead space.the initial parts really did scared me but later it becomes kinda predictable and repetitive.
Fear series

mild horror
Condemned
silent hill series
Call of ctulhu only for the story and music!

horror sim type

Turn off your lights get a headphone the game seriously requires you to play it in a dark room.
Amnesia! kinda slow paced and boring for me but yes indeed it succeeds to give those goosebumps.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Call of Chutuhlu and Undying ...pretty old games, graphics are not that good....but 30 - 40 min into the game you'll be scared stiff....

Top Bottom