recommendations for purchasing smartphone

utkarsh009

In the zone
hello! I want to buy a smartphone around rs. 10000 (1000 more or less). it should have the following features according to priority:
3g (preferably hsdpa 7.2 mbps), android (or symbian or windows mobile), wifi, gps, capacitive touchscreen, (if possible also a sliding qwerty keypad)
can anyone suggest me what should i buy?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
If you want Android, and can stretch your budget a bit, have a look at LG Optimus.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Galaxy 3 will be best buy!

Android's available in this budget are : Optimus, Galaxy 3, Spice MI300, Micromax A60 (Yet to be launched)

among all these Galaxy 3 is better choice.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
what is the hsdpa speed of galaxy 3? i'll be happy if its 7.2 mbps. secondly isn't there any other phone to compete galaxy 3?

i came to know that motorola is going to release many phones (quench xt3, bravo etc.) when and at what price will they release?

i came to know that motorola is going to release many phones (quench xt3, bravo etc.) when and at what price will they release?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ depends on the Indian version if it have HSDPA or it may have HSUPA or so.

TX3 is out & is priced at around 12.5k. other option is LG O1 @ 12.8k (members purchased it for as low as 12.2-12.4k).

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Galaxy 3 has a weird resolution.. The screen does not look good.. Optimus has double the RAM, and a good screen resolution.. IMO, its a better choice.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
@kalpik: well in that case, is the response of lg optimus good. won't it get bad over time? also what do you think about andro a60 and motorola phones?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
won't it get bad over time?

:lol: that was a weird question. i don't think LG can be compared with cheap Chinese sets that go bad over a few months. LG is world's 3rd largest mobile manufacturer & its not cause their mobile go bad over time :wink:

also what do you think about andro a60 and motorola phones?

andro is way too small to be usable. 2.8" & that also resistive. also its a rebranded ZTE penguin.

read here: Micromax A60

Moto build quality is good, screen is good too as i heard they used gorilla glass covering. but the battery is around 1250mah. so expect 1 day of use as compared to 2days offered by likes of LG & Samsung.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Galaxy 3 has HSDPA 3.6Mbps and as Kalpik said its resolution is not apt for its 3.2" screen...

I too suggest you to go for Lg Optimus One...

Andro A60 is still to show its potentials in market its rival is Samsung Galaxy 5, with pretty much same specs...
Motorola Bravo will be out of budget owing to its 3.7" screen. The other motorola phones to look upto are Flipside and Spice XT300. But flipside's review isn't impressive.

:lol: that was a weird comment. i don't think LG can be compared with cheap Chinese sets that go bad over a few months. LG is world's 3rd largest mobile manufacturer & its not cause their mobile go bad over time :wink:

I think he got mixed up with the word "Optimus". He might be thinking that we are suggesting Optimus GT540 but actually its Optimus P500 :-D

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ One member has got it in 12.4k but someone has stated 11.75k price in gsmarena :shock:...
So its price fluctaute greatly...

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
@sam.shab: i was talking about the resistive touchscreen. i've heard it gets bad over time.

yah! you were right. i got confused with gt540. p500 has capacitive touchscreen. quickly compare it with motorola quench xt3.

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@sam.shab: i was talking about the resistive touchscreen. i've heard it gets bad over time.

Yes, its true. Its lifespan is smaller than capacitive...
But dont worry Optimus One P500 has capacitive touchscreen :)

compare it with motorola quench xt3.

Just one line -
and the winner is "Optimus One"...

...mainly cuz Optimus One is snappier than XT3.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^^ One member has got it in 12.4k but someone has stated 11.75k price in gsmarena :shock:...
So its price fluctaute greatly...

:flu-surprised3: that looks impossible. 1k less than mobile store.

Yes, its true. Its lifespan is smaller than capacitive...
But dont worry Optimus One P500 has capacitive touchscreen :)

from personal experience:

resistive screen ---> start with taps & end with punches & kicks.
capacitive screen ---> keen to know & will post once i get my hands on O1.

...mainly cuz Optimus One is snappier than XT3.

or cause of TX3 ugly looks (come on. it really looks ugly. at least infront of the South Korean duos).

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ Its not that bad. I think it looks sturdy :)

IMO lookwise...
Optimus One > XT3 > Galaxy 3

noobdroid

Broken In
Hey everyone,

If you are owner of Optimus one please leave your comments here:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/134641-lg-optimus-user-reviews.html

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^^ Its not that bad. I think it looks sturdy :)

IMO lookwise...
Optimus One > XT3 > Galaxy 3

for me G3 looks best (i5801 looks better than i5800, notice the keys separated by a crack or so in i5800). next is definitely O1. than TX3.

Hey everyone,

If you are owner of Optimus one please leave your comments here:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/134641-lg-optimus-user-reviews.html

non-owners/future-owners can't post? :)

Top Bottom