Recommend The Best CRT Television In Rs.25,000 Range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannaguma

Turn The Page
Well as the title says , i am looking for a 29" CRT television in the range of Rs.25000/- I would like to know from your personal experience which brand is BEST in performance? Sony, Phillips, LG , Samsung, or something else?

preference order would be
1>performance
2>build quality
3>price

EDIT: If possible please mention product number.

Last edited:
Re: Recommend The Best Television In Rs.25,000 Range.

i think sony and samsung r best.....no problem.... lifetime enjoy..

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Last durga puja, we bought home this Samsung 29" flat tv (Model Number:CS-29K44ML). Its cost was 16500 then. And its working perfect. The picture is crisp and sharp and the colours are vivid. I like its design the most. Its the most sexiest 29" from Samsung. It has DNIe vision whihcmakes the picures sharp at the edges of the screen. There is an optional Subwoofer model also which will cost you some 2500 bucks extra. But I would suggest you to buy a separate speaker set like Altec Lansing ATP3.

There are models from sony too. But after comparing the both, I saw that samsung outperformed sony here. So chose Samsung.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
One may allways consider LG XD Range 25" models :D

*www.lge.com/products/tv/XDEngine/index.htm

I saw some on display at a LG Showroom, will be under the budget of Rs. 25k for sure...

Pictures are stunning :D

slugger

Banned
bben usin a 29" Sony CRT 4 d past 1 yr
pic/sound qlty ROCCCCKKKKKKKZ
dont look beyond Sony wen buying TVs
performance and service absoultely impeccable
[actually service is not an issue, 'cause my last 21" Sony needed just 1 visit 2 d service center in almost 14 yrs]

BUY A SONY !!!! d others leave a lot 2 b desired. they spend more on ADs dan R&D

remember dat d Japs r d pioneers [dey still r] d koreans simply do catchin up, but never succeed

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Frankly i will suggest the none.
This is really no time to go in for the CRTs .Especially High End ones.
The prices of LCDs and Plasmas are really falling down every month.If you can just hold on for another month or so ,and then go for a LCD it will be worth it.
Nothing like veiwing the glory of HDTV and all that is bound to hit indian markets sooner of later.
Moreover TV is almost for atleast 5 Years.I mean though you do tend to buy as they come but the old ones which are few years old are rarely disposed.
So i think its better you opt for LCD even if you have to increase the budget a bit.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^^^ He is right!!! Its no time to buy a CRT coz its LCD all the way but if u really wanna buy CRT tv then only SONY is the best option. I 've bought SAMSUNG 29" TV and i got what i paid for. In LCDs SAMSUNG is good but when it comes to CRT TV, SONY steals the deal for sure.

OP
pannaguma

pannaguma

Turn The Page
thanx a lot for your replies. The thing is that LCD tvs have very low value for money right now, and my present tv is very-very old. So no point in waiting for HD tv's whose content will take 3-5 yrs to hit the indian market.

So it seems most people suggest a SONY WEGA. But the thing is after comparing models from SONY, LG, SAMSUNG, PHILLIPS i have two points against SONY:
1>they are upto 40% higher priced than the competition
2>a 26k model(29") ( *www.sony.co.in/product/kv-fa29m83/sku/kv-fa29m83%252Fbe32?site=hp_en_IN_i ) doesnt have
a)Digital Noise Reduction,
b)100Hz Progressive Scan,
c)support for HD input.

Which certain models from LG, SAMSUNG, PHILLIPS offer for a lesser price. The sony model having these features is priced 37,000 :)shock:). Also in last month's PC WORLD this PHILLIPS model was given the BEST BUY award: *www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/catalog/tree/en/in/consumer/tv_gr_in_consumer/tv_conventional_ca_in_consumer/ce/_productId_29PT8836_94_IN_CONSUMER/stereo_TV+29PT8836_94?proxybuster=OAOGFP4VFUB1XJ0RMRCSHQNHKFSESI5P
It also has the three above mentioned features.

So the question is should I go for Sony only based on brand value and buy a higher priced/low feature TV, or should I buy one from these ???:
SAMSUNG: *www.samsung.com/in/products/tv/flattv/29inches/cs_29t10pa.asp

LG:
*www.lgindia.com/Product/Products-Detail.aspx?catid=86&Proid=667

PHILLIPS: *www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/catalog/tree/en/in/consumer/tv_gr_in_consumer/tv_conventional_ca_in_consumer/ce/_productId_29PT8836_94_IN_CONSUMER/stereo_TV+29PT8836_94?proxybuster=OAOGFP4VFUB1XJ0RMRCSHQNHKFSESI5P
I found more about this model here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55938

Please comment.

Last edited:
OP
pannaguma

pannaguma

Turn The Page
slugger said:
how d HELL did u make d page scroll horizontally!!!!!!!!

plz dont do dis in future post
i didnt do it on purpose, i didnt use hyperlinks, so the page is extending horizontally to display the long links. Sorry dude, but dont know why it bugged u so much.

EDIT: on second thought, it should automatically shorten direct links, by the dots. but its not happening, so dont blame me.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well i still believe that SONY is the best.Like we have an old saying "Mehnga roye ek baar aur sasta roye baar baar"
So don't compromise over the quality.
Dude u can get a 29" TV for 10-12K from AKAI, SANSUI etc. but i 've seen this..
I have a SONY CTV which is almost 22 years old but its still running smooth but one of my friend is having some brand...not sure about it(soon will tell u) and he bought it 2 years ago & still at the service centre from since last month.

praka123

left this forum longback
^ur friend's the brand ur saying will be samsung ofcourse or akai or tcl :D
For me my Sony KV-J21MF1AK Kirara Bazzo survived two lightning attacks came via cable and power point(of course got it repaired!) -SONY any time.
But Philips too is a good brand.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
1st don't get carried away with hd ready label with philips HD Ready 29PT8836/94

look here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62510

next if u just wanted a damn good crt sdtv then nothing comes near to 29PT8836/94 in terms of price : performance ratio just go & get it
i have both lg 29" fd55ve & wega 21" so i can say lg29" is also a good choice for its price

ds_rajat

Broken In
We have SAMSUNG 29" & AKAI 29". Sales & service for AKAI provided by VIDEOCON.
I must say it's really a very good cheap TV. Range starts from 12,000/- for
29". Best value for money. Very nice picture & sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom