Recommend some games

croma

Broken In
I currently have a lenovo y50 laptop and I am sort of new to PC gaming.I am playing watch dogs,mafia 2,saints row 3&4 atm.Can you recommend me some games.I like city building games, AOE like games(played stronghold, rise of nations), horror(metro 2033?),COD,BF etc.But the important thing is it should run without any lag.
PS.I have been experiencing lags on watch dogs .Is there any mod available that will increase the performance at the same time won't decrease the graphics ?Same is the case with sleeping dogs.I am getting around 10 fps while playing on y50 with 860m even after selecting 860m gpu

gameranand

Living to Play
Have a Look at this thread. I have made several lists for the best games. :)

*www.digit.in/forum/gamerz/171949-tdf-pc-game-suggestion-thread-v2-0-a.html

Alok

Adventurer
PS.I have been experiencing lags on watch dogs .Is there any mod available that will increase the performance at the same time won't decrease the graphics ?Same is the case with sleeping dogs.I am getting around 10 fps while playing on y50 with 860m even after selecting 860m gpu

don't play those game on laptop, especially watch dogs. And your so called city building games (RTS) , you can play Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Company of Heroes , Warcraft III, Starcraft II. And for other type of game I would recommend GTA San Andreas, Bioshock Series, Resident Evil 4.

$hadow

Geek in making
don't play those game on laptop, especially watch dogs. And your so called city building games (RTS) , you can play Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Company of Heroes , Warcraft III, Starcraft II. And for other type of game I would recommend GTA San Andreas, Bioshock Series, Resident Evil 4.

Any specific reason for not playing watch dogs on laptop?

OP
C

croma

Broken In
I rarely had a problem with it. After a few patches it run smoothly.
Can you give links to those patches.I checked the GPU on notebookcheck and found that it can handle both watch dogs and sleeping dogs comfortably. But watch dogs is giving me 23-35fps and sleeping dogs not even 10 fps.

$hadow

Geek in making
Can you give links to those patches.I checked the GPU on notebookcheck and found that it can handle both watch dogs and sleeping dogs comfortably. But watch dogs is giving me 23-35fps and sleeping dogs not even 10 fps.

Those were through uplay.
BTW here is a link Far Cry 4 Live Updates | Ubisoft (US)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I rarely had a problem with it. After a few patches it run smoothly.

Agreed. Played with all kinds of kadz and worse mod. Played with utter smooth frames and off-the-chart visual fidelity. WD dissipated the heat it received gradually but completely. The final patches of the game almost fixed all issues.

$hadow

Geek in making
Agreed. Played with all kinds of kadz and worse mod. Played with utter smooth frames and off-the-chart visual fidelity. WD dissipated the heat it received gradually but completely. The final patches of the game almost fixed all issues.

You sideloaded the update or got it via website.

OP
C

croma

Broken In
Sorry,I was out of station so couldn't reply.Will updating the gpu driver help in increasing the fps in any way ?My current driver version is 332.50.I haven't updated it after I bought the laptop.I read earlier on the Y50 thread that for some games , updating the driver helped but for the rest it caused lags etc.On another note,I am playing games when the laptop is plugged in(that's how we should play right!?).So will this cause any damage to the battery as it will be constantly charging and discharging ?
PS:Is GTA 4 worth playing.I haven't played any GTA after SA.If it is worth playing then only I will spend money on it.

- - - Updated - - -

play Outlast and its DLC (pure Horror) and let me know if u didn't freak out :-D
I think I will skip it :p

sutta_boy

Broken In
optimized as hell, no point giving heat to a mobility gpu for a game that can not smooth whatever you do.

Idk about you but it ran perfectly smooth on my PC every time I played it ( Ran smoothly even on a Laptop, Played it at least two times ).

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Sorry,I was out of station so couldn't reply.Will updating the gpu driver help in increasing the fps in any way ?My current driver version is 332.50.I haven't updated it after I bought the laptop.I read earlier on the Y50 thread that for some games , updating the driver helped but for the rest it caused lags etc.On another note,I am playing games when the laptop is plugged in(that's how we should play right!?).So will this cause any damage to the battery as it will be constantly charging and discharging ?
PS:Is GTA 4 worth playing.I haven't played any GTA after SA.If it is worth playing then only I will spend money on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I will skip it
Off topic... just wanted to say that your shop is crap. No discounts. Zero knowledge attendants.

Top Bottom