Broken In
Hello
My specs-
Core i7 3770k processor
Asrock z77 extreme 4 mobo
Corsair vengeance 2x4gb ram
Seagate barracuda 1TB Hdd
I hope it's enough for info...
Please recommend me what Windows should I use. I am mostly heavy gamer and some android development and 3d models creation, Photoshop etc. Latest is Windows 7 and I want to install that.
But we'll I be able to run all games as easily as Windows 7 as well as other programs too?

Naxal

Little Kid
Get your self the Windows 8 Pro x64.. Though it lacks start menu (traditional), the glass effect :p, the classic theme and so much, but its a new way in which MS wants to get us used to, so give it a try :D

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
That's what I am thinking, of trying Windows 8.
But I never had an experience with it before. So I wanted to know that can I run all games and apps normally and easily like Windows 7 (i know the answer but just confirming it)?

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
Ok thanks guys.
But why do most people recommend Windows 7?
Except for looks and interface (which doesn't matter for me), are there any other problems?

nightowl

creating waves
Most ppl recommend win 7 bcoz its a well established OS on which everything works.
But as far as future goes, microsoft is very clear that win 8 is the way to go...

Windows 8 is definitely better specially in security and optimized hardware usage.
Besides if u dont like Metro UI u can always disable it.

Congrats on the new rig. hardware looks impressive
just a suggestion though. with that CPU and RAM combo, invest a little in entry level SSD. HDD doesnt do justice to that CPU

gameranand

Living to Play
Ok thanks guys.
But why do most people recommend Windows 7?
Except for looks and interface (which doesn't matter for me), are there any other problems?

Because as of now its better but who knows what future holds. If I were to buy a OS I would choose the latest one. :)

Top Bottom