[Complaint] Received Ryzen 5 1600 instead of 1600X from Amazon.in

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Wow! A lotta things to remember hehe. I'll definitely try those after a few months Right now I'm happy that the RAM runs at more than 2133MHz.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Which MB? Does it have dual bios? If not motherboards usually come with either clear cmos switch or jumpers. Check your motherboard manual, if it has cmos jumpers, short it using a screwdriver or something for few seconds. It should reset the bios.

Also if your motherboard has debug lights, check where the boot is failing. My 3200Mhz. 1.35V rated RAM doesn't run at 3200Mhz unless I crank up the memory voltage to 1.39V.

Hey thanks @Digital Fragger ! I just googled that - sorted the the 2 pins of CLRTC. Now there is display - set everything to default & it works. Guess Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz is not meant for this board. And lotta people on Reddit have dissed this Asus board for RAM incompatibility & very difficult options to overclock.BTW the board is Asus Prime B350 PLUS. Oh how wish I had bought the Gigabyte board!
Vengeance not compatible with B350+? MD computers also said the same so I ordered a gskill 16gb ram but then I cancelled it and ordered a 8gb vengeance one when gta5 and Digital Fragger said that it will work.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
It'll work but you'll have to overclock whereas G.Skill module F4-3000C15S will run at 2933 MHz without you having to tweak the settings in BIOS. Basically you plug in the RAM stick & it runs at 2933MHz.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Vengeance not compatible with B350+? MD computers also said the same so I ordered a gskill 16gb ram but then I cancelled it and ordered a 8gb vengeance one when gta5 and Digital Fragger said that it will work.
All Rams are wonky on this platform. My G.Skill I have to manually run it at rated frequency whereas for some people it is plug and play with exact same model kit on my mothetboard. Same with corsair kits. Some people can get to rated frequency just by enabling xmp whereas some have to tinker with timings. There are tens of g.skill or corsair ram kits rated at different timings. Do you know which one md computers recommended and do you know if that particular kit is compatable? People are having trouble running the kits mentioned on qvl of the motherboard itself without any tweaking.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
I think the Motherboard manufacturers have tested with certain models and reported it on their support page. The models listed on their supported RAM list run at default mentioned speed when plugged in. I checked in reddit and tomshardware too for the G.SKILL F4-3000C15S-16GVR module. The RAM module runs at 2933 when plugged into Asus Prime B350 PLUS. But if any other single kit 16 gigs module of G.SKILL is used it runs at 2133/2400/2666. Same with Corsair, ADATA modules. The memory module that I have CMK16GX4M1B3000C15 (Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz) runs at 2133 by default & this is mentioned in the Asus support page.

Last edited:
OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer

Dude - my suggestion will be to head over to Asus support page for PRIME B350 PLUS and check the memory QVL list.
PRIME B350-PLUS | Motherboards | ASUS India

Especially look for the column "Support Speed* with Ryzen CPU" [its the 2nd column in red, 1st being ""RAM Speed"]. Search the page for your RAM model. The 2nd column in red is the default speed your RAM will run at. If DOCP is mentioned before the frequency then you'll have to enable DOCP in BIOS. BTW which RAM module have you bought? Please share the model number.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
tomshardware too for the G.SKILL F4-3000C15S-16GVR module. The RAM module runs at 2933 when plugged into Asus Prime B350 PLUS. But if any other single kit 16 gigs module of G.SKILL is used it runs at 2133. Same with Corsair, ADATA modules. The memory modul
Correct. Unless it is specific kit mentioned on QVL, you are not sure if it will run at rated speed by default. Even some kits mentioned in QVL are not running at rated speed without increasing RAM voltage etc in some cases. mdcomputers suggested @billubakra g.skill ram instead of corsair. Without specifying the exact kit model, it's non-sense.

btw my kit is not on the qvl of my motherboard but it runs at 3000Mhz without any tweaking and at rated 3200Mhz by pushing RAM voltage up. Have to check if it can go any higher.

Last edited:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Gigabyte board is good in that respect. You're lucky to have your module running at 3000!! :)
Seems like so. I'm running at 3200Mhz right now. 6-7% performance increase from 2133Mhz on benchmarks. Though this performance increase is only useful on CPU intensive stuff. Mostly GPU bottlenecked in games, so RAM speed doesn't effect much there in most titles.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
It may help a bit but the ones that matter most for your purpose are more cores, more RAM and an SSD. Ryzen helps with more cores. Hope you've got good amount of RAM and maybe an SSD? Your RAM is already running 2666Mhz, so you are good to go I suppose. :)

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
I currently have a 16 gig module of Vengeance. I plan to get another 16 gigs by the end of this year. I have a Kingston 240GB UV400 SSD.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
GALAX GTX 1060 EXOC variant. I should update the Rig 2 in my signature - its become better than gaming rig in my signature haha

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
:p. 570 is a capable card though! And you should feel even luckier that you got one considering how the 570s disappeared from the market like a magic trick! I never intended to buy the GALAX 1060. I went to SP Road that day to buy a 570 4GB but found only 1 shop who was selling it for 26k! :eek: So 22k for a GALAX 1060 6GB EXOC variant seemed way better at that point of time.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
I know!! I had my eyes on it but was late to save up for it. Guess no point crying over spilt milk.

Top Bottom