Received email from Ubislate: Ubislate7C+ is out (Commercial version of Aakash 3)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi

Funny thing that I was looking for some thing to buy for my dad on Father's day. And I just received the following mail from Ubislate. Thought I should share this.

Dear Vyom,

Thank you for your interest in DataWind and its products and for your immense patience while we work hard to catch-up with the overwhelming demand.

We are pleased to offer you the choice of
A. The UbiSlate 7Ci (commercial version of the recently launched AAKASH2 tablet), or
B. The UbiSlate 7C+ EDGE (our recommended specifications for the Aakash3 tablet).

These are state of the art devices have been getting great reviews internationally. Forbes Magazine calls them ``World changing indeed``, Techone3 review confirms:
“DataWind UbiSlate 7Ci is one of the best tablets available in the market with budget-friendly price tab.”

Upgraded Offer (Commercial version of Aakash2)Upgraded Offer (Recommended specifications for Aakash3)Benefits (in comparison to previous version)
ModelUbiSlate 7Ci (Full featured Media Tablet)UbiSlate 7C+EDGE
(Smartphone tablet with SIM Functionality
World renowned tablets, with performance comparable with products 5x the price.
PriceRs.3,799/-
Click Here To Buy
Rs.4,999/-
Click Here To Buy
Special price after Rs. 300 discount if you Pay Online (For discount, use coupon code:GRDENTP)
Operating SystemAndroid 4.0Android 4.0Latest & greatest version of Google`s Android operating system and access to Google store
ProcessorCortex A8 – 1GhzCortex A8 – 1Ghz25% Higher Processing Power
RAM512MB512MBDouble the RAM
Flash Memory4GB4GBDouble the Flash Memory
Touch InterfaceMulti-Touch CapacitiveMulti-Touch CapacitiveFantastic feather-light pinch & zoom
SensorsG-SensorG-SensorOrientation/rotation
NetworkWi-Fi only (external 3G dongle supported)Wi-Fi &EDGE (regular SIM & phone functionality)
CameraFront-facing VGAFront-facing VGAIt has a camera!
Delivery TimeIn Stock: Ships within 72 hoursIn Stock: Ships within 72 hoursAvailable for immediate delivery

Pay Online at www.ubislate.com and get Rs. 300 Discount. Use Coupon Code: GRDENTP
Shipping Charges:- Rs 200/- only

Special instructions: - For Mumbai and Maharashtra customer’s they have to pay octroi charges

This is a special limited time offer. Hurry while stocks last!

Any queries regarding logistics mail to supportin@datawind.com

So is it a good idea to buy UbiSlate 7C+, since it have calling facility?

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
I got one for my sister but there is some serious issue with resolution of this Tab, it seems like 4:3 resolution is forced on this 16:9 Tab

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
instead of Askash3 which have no guarantee of shipping go for Ambrane AC-770 if you want a 5k tab with calling facility. price should be same as it can be purchased from flipkart with 5% discount or homeshop18 with a 5k pricetag and free shipping.

also has dual camera and slightly bigger battery along with a 200Mhz higher clocked processor.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Hi

Funny thing that I was looking for some thing to buy for my dad on Father's day. And I just received the following mail from Ubislate. Thought I should share this.

So is it a good idea to buy UbiSlate 7C+, since it have calling facility?

Vyom our Expert Friend,PLEASE BUY A CHEAP CHINESE TAB for your Dad,other than this crapware + sh!tware device from F***wind.

There are lots of issues on this Tab,which you may not face if you buy (REBRANDED CHINESE TABS) from DOMO,BYOND,WICKEDLEAK,ZYNC,VeeDee,etc. to name a few.At least your money will be worth it,AND YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET THE TABLET IN YOUR HANDS.

In this case, the company F***wind simply wants to cheat and extort money out of you. Just go through various Forums,Sites such as Jago Grahak,Akosha,etc. you would find that nearly 90% of the buyers never received anything from them.EVEN AFTER PAYING THE FULL MONEY.

One of my Office colleague cum Friend paid them on 14th of January 2012,TILL TODAY NO NEWS OF ANY SH!T + Crap Tab from the Dirtyw**d f**king cheater company.

I myself now have 3 Tablets(ONE COMPLETELY FREE AS A PRIZE FROM Milagrow HumanTech, TabTop MGPT07(7.16PRO 8GB) model).The other two being VeeDee E-10 & Iberry AUXUS AX01(both running under Android-4.1.1 after successful UPGRADE),which are functioning SMOOTHLY + SATISFACTORY.:-D:lol:

I had undergone through the Dirtyw*nd Fiasco nearly for the whole of 2012,and was refunded Rs.3000/- back(BOOKED + PREPAID for Ubislate 7),that too through the intervention by:---> Akosha:Resolve Consumer Complaints Quickly | Online Consumer Forum

Now Friend it's your personal choice that whether you want to waste your money + break the peace of your mind or purchase elsewhere if decided. YOUR CALL FRIEND.

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
Vyom our Expert Friend,PLEASE BUY A CHEAP CHINESE TAB for your Dad,other than this crapware + sh!tware device from ****wind.

There are lots of issues on this Tab,which you may not face if you buy (REBRANDED CHINESE TABS) from DOMO,BYOND,WICKEDLEAK,ZYNC,VeeDee,etc. to name a few.At least your money will be wort it,AND YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET THE TABLET IN YOUR HANDS.

In this case, the company ****wind simply wants to cheat and extort money out of you. Just go through various Forums,Sites such as Jago Grahak,Akosha,etc. you would find that nearly 90% of the buyers never received anything from them.EVEN AFTER PAYING THE FULL MONEY.

One of my Office colleague cum Friend paid them on 14th of January 2012,TILL TODAY NO NEWS OF ANY SH!T + Crap Tab from the Dirtyw**d f**king cheater company.

I myself now have 3 Tablets(ONE COMPLETELY FREE AS A PRIZE FROM Milagrow HumanTech, TabTop MGPT07(7.16PRO 8GB) model).The other two being VeeDee E-10 & Iberry AUXUS AX01(both running under Android-4.1.1 after successful UPGRADE),which are functioning SMOOTHLY + SATISFACTORY.:-D:lol:

I had undergone through the Dirtyw*nd Fiasco nearly for the whole of 2012,and was refunded Rs.3000/- back(BOOKED + PREPAID for Ubislate 7),that too through the intervention by:---> Akosha:Resolve Consumer Complaints Quickly | Online Consumer Forum

Now Friend it's your personal choice that whether you want to waste your money + break the peace of your mind or purchase elsewhere if decided. YOUR CALL FRIEND.

Vyom our Expert Friend,PLEASE BUY A CHEAP CHINESE TAB for your Dad,other than this crapware + sh!tware device from ****wind.

There are lots of issues on this Tab,which you may not face if you buy (REBRANDED CHINESE TABS) from DOMO,BYOND,WICKEDLEAK,ZYNC,VeeDee,etc. to name a few.At least your money will be wort it,AND YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET THE TABLET IN YOUR HANDS.

In this case, the company ****wind simply wants to cheat and extort money out of you. Just go through various Forums,Sites such as Jago Grahak,Akosha,etc. you would find that nearly 90% of the buyers never received anything from them.EVEN AFTER PAYING THE FULL MONEY.

Good thing I ordered it on COD.

kg11sgbg

instead of Askash3 which have no guarantee of shipping go for Ambrane AC-770 if you want a 5k tab with calling facility. price should be same as it can be purchased from flipkart with 5% discount or homeshop18 with a 5k pricetag and free shipping.

also has dual camera and slightly bigger battery along with a 200Mhz higher clocked processor.

+1 for this.
Very Good suggestion,Sam.

Good thing I ordered it on COD.
A wise but repenting decision.

You could have gone through Homeshop18 or Flipkart,as suggested by Sam,and look out for Budget based Tablets.

Even eBay would have been better.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I cant even *think* of buying Ubislate 7C+ after reading your post kg11sgbg. :lol:

Actually, I made up my mind against buying it after watching this review: UbiSlate 7C+ Datawind Tablet Review (Aakash 3 recommended specs) - YouTube

Sam, thanks for recommending a better tab, Ambrane AC-770. But I don't want to purchase a tab just for the sake of purchasing. So if even Ambrance doesn't look good (after I read more reviews), then I shall probably go for a phone for my dad, since he is using an olf Micromax one for 2 years now.

Then I would have confusion between Nokia Asha 308 for better battery life, or I would like to make my dad entry into Android world with XOLO Q800. (but this would not have better battery).

kg11sgbg

I cant even *think* of buying Ubislate 7C+ after reading your post kg11sgbg.
+1 for this friend,Vyom.

All of our TDF Friends those who are unaware about Ubislate 7 series of Tablets may go through these first:--->

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/156634-akash-tablet-project-nearly-dead-because-corruption.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/164545-aakash-2-tablet-launches-november-11-rs-1-500-a.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/168232-aakash-3-may-come-sim-slot-more-exciting-apps.html

After that anyone's FOOLISH decision....

Last edited:
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yup, after knowing those reviews and experiences, anyone attempting to buy them, are just shooting at their own foot.
Anyway, so now I am confused between these phones for my dad:

XOLO Q800 (dont know, if I should introduce my dad to Android, with this phone, which would give battery woes to my dad, and he might not appreciate it).
Lumia 520 (It's good, since atleat its from Nokia, and would give better battery life).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Lumia 520 is like a no-brainer. specially if you can find it pops up during HS18 superdeal or a working coupon from infibeam/indiatimes.

kg11sgbg

Vyom, I think for Respected Uncle-Ji(your Dad),it's better you buy him the Lumia 520.
It's because of Nokia's Robustness + GOOD Battery Life.
I don't know how much Phones + Tablets + Computers(Smart phones or otherwise) are appreciated by Elder generations(Unless One is Tech Savvy in his mind),because they just need to have their job done,and not to hanker panker with the gadgets like us.
It may be different with your Father...

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes. I was watching a video review of Lumia 520: Nokia Lumia 520 Review - YouTube

And was surprized to learn that it can provide navigation even without internet and that too in under 5 sec, due to a tech known as GLONASS. Which is available on phones with Qualcomm's Snapdragon chip. (GPS and GLONASS: "Dual-core" location for your phone - YouTube).

kg11sgbg

^^ A very sweet deal indeed if you buy.

To all @TDF Friends,if Dat*wind posts any mail on your web-mail or mail box,it is advised to mark those mails as spam.

Prefarable, any such mail(from them) should be filtered strongly through spamassasin or different Free/Paid mail filter tools according to choice,whether under Windows or Linux OS.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Prefarable, any such mail(from them) should be filtered strongly through spamassasin or different Free/Paid mail filter tools according to choice,whether under Windows or Linux OS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Anyway, bought Lumia 520 for Rs. 9900/- from local shop, including basic accessories and a screen guard.
Will post pics later! :bananana:

kg11sgbg

Salutations! Vyom,a great gift for your Father accordingly(according to our gadget freak mindset).YOUR FATHER IS YOUR UNIVERSAL GIFT + YOUR MOTHER, nothing,.... no Tech.,no wealth can EVER replace them.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Anyway, bought Lumia 520 for Rs. 9900/- from local shop, including basic accessories and a screen guard.
Will post pics later! :bananana:

congrats to your dad. so mobile + accessories @ 9.9 only? BTW you plan to dump your ancient mobile and board the WP train too?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
BTW you plan to dump your ancient mobile and board the WP train too?

Our O1 maybe ancient, but that have definitely got a lot of punch. It won't be easy to change the train. :p

I had used WP7 on HTC Mozart in the past, and since then it had developed a soft corner in me for Windows Phone OS. Today I got to fulfil that by buying Lumia 520. But I can never have a WP8 phone as my primary phone. I am too geek to do that. :lol:

Top Bottom