Received a possibly fake corsair memory from ebay

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
^whats the procedure to file the complaint?

Jusy checked the seller is supposedly selling Intel processors, older gen though, for less than 500 including gst. You should have stayed away man.
Listened to the latest recording. He won't do shit even if you give a positive feedback the way he is talking. Do one thing give him a rating, at least get this thing out of his mouth as many times as you can on the phone that he has received the item. And please find a good cosumer court expert.

i sent another email to ebay with the recordings this morning but they have replied stating they can't do anything as i didn't provide valid proof of dispatch-to add insult to the injury they have asked me again to pack the item "properly" and send it to the seller,which is absolutely preposterous as the item is already with the seller and its not possible for me to "send it" again.

is it a good idea to give any kind of positive feedback to the seller?Can the feedback be revised later?There's nothing we can do if the seller refuses to acknowledge the receipt of the item even after getting good feedback-by now its totally clear that he is a cheater and a fraud of the highest order.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
At this point, I dont think ebay CC will care at all. What you can do is do some complaints in consumer forum and/or approach external sources.

Others who have faced this, may have more information regarding this.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
i tried to file a grievance at CPGRAMs,while registering they are giving the option to upload just one document with my complaint.Now which document should i upload?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Is there no option to escalate the complaint to higher level in ebay itself?

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
@Anorion-thanks,will send you an email soon.

@nac-no buddy,there is no such option-it seems they don't give a damn about their consumers.And with the impending shut down of ebay on 14th august,the sellers seem to have become more desperate than ever and are trying to cheat rampantly to make a few odd bucks while they still can.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
i tried to file a grievance at CPGRAMs,while registering they are giving the option to upload just one document with my complaint.Now which document should i upload?
Use image/file hosting websites and include the links in the mail itself.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
i have lodged a grievance at cpgrams-not sure whether any good will come of it or not but we need to wait and see....

while registering at cpgrams,they gave me the option to lodge a complaint directly at the official website of the ministry of consumer affairs(INGRAM)-i tried doing so,but found their interface somewhat confusing-they are asking users to enter some info under "Category","company" and "nature of complaint" fields-when i entered some values there they were not accepted.

Has anyone tried lodging a complaint at INGRAM before?Would it be more effective than CPGRAMS when it comes to resolving disputes related to buying/selling etc?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
i have lodged a grievance at cpgrams-not sure whether any good will come of it or not but we need to wait and see....

while registering at cpgrams,they gave me the option to lodge a complaint directly at the official website of the ministry of consumer affairs(INGRAM)-i tried doing so,but found their interface somewhat confusing-they are asking users to enter some info under "Category","company" and "nature of complaint" fields-when i entered some values there they were not accepted.

Has anyone tried lodging a complaint at INGRAM before?Would it be more effective than CPGRAMS when it comes to resolving disputes related to buying/selling etc?
Lile I said it is a sarkari website. You never know whether these babus will take action or not. File a complaint in the consumer court, government's consumer forum which you have mentioned is like next to impossible to lodge a conplaint. Also file a police report of cheating if you have links.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
yesterday i called ebay and gave them an earful-i also demanded that they should return my money immediately or be prepared to be prosecuted.I also told them how the seller has behaved with me and refused to acknowledge in writing that he has received the item.Then they said that they will talk to the seller and get back to me-if he confesses to receiving the item then my money will be refunded.

So everything now hinges on whether the seller tells them the truth of not-if he lies to them like the scumbag that he is,then i don't think ebay will do anything to help.They are probably gonna call and give me an update on the situation by today-lets see what happens(i am not keeping my fingers crossed though).

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
The promised call from the ebay representative never actually came-so i called them once again today,this time someone else spoke to me-when i asked what had happened she put my call on hold for a while and then said that they had contacted the seller but he has denied ever receiving the item(why am i not surprised?!).I told them that i had call recordings that could prove that he has received the item,but they said that they wont accept anything other than written proof.

Then i demanded to speak to a senior official of ebay,but was told that he is not available right now but they can arrange for him to contact me tomorrow.

I have given up all hope of getting any refund at this stage-it seems ebay and the seller have given me the shaft one last time before finally shutting shop for good!

And i have given that son of a bitch seller a negative feedback on ebay today as there's no chance that he will relent and acknowledge getting the item.

(ps-can dtdc help me in this regard if i request them to give me a written statement containing all the details regarding this shipment(including the full address and name of seller),and the confirmation of the date and time on which the item was delivered to him?)

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The promised call from the ebay representative never actually came-so i called them once again today,this time someone else spoke to me-when i asked what had happened she put my call on hold for a while and then said that they had contacted the seller but he has denied ever receiving the item(why am i not surprised?!).I told them that i had call recordings that could prove that he has received the item,but they said that they wont accept anything other than written proof.

Then i demanded to speak to a senior official of ebay,but was told that he is not available right now but they can arrange for him to contact me tomorrow.

I have given up all hope of getting any refund now-it seems ebay and the seller have given me the shaft one last time before finally shutting shop for good!

And i have given that son of a bitch seller a negative feedback on ebay today as there's no chance that he will relent and acknowledge getting the item.

(ps-can dtdc help me in this regard if i request them to give me a written statement containing all the details regarding this shipment(including the full address and name of seller),and the confirmation of the date and time on which the item was delivered to him?)
Sorry to hear that bro. Yes ask dtdc for a pod, it will have everything that you are asking for.
Find a legal guy, lawyer in your area. File a case and lodge a cheating case in the police station.
Flipkart, Snapdeal will follow eBay's path soon.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is why govt should have allowed 100% FDI in retail by now,foreign companies have much better quality management of sellers on their platform.

P.S.Even amazon is not exactly "foreign" because it is still bound by FDI rules & majority stake is controlled by Indians.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
That is why govt should have allowed 100% FDI in retail by now,foreign companies have much better quality management of sellers on their platform.

P.S.Even amazon is not exactly "foreign" because it is still bound by FDI rules & majority stake is controlled by Indians.

Afaik Amazon's subsidiaries like Cloudtail has 50:50 share with Narayan Murthy. If the consumer act can be rationalized then these things will reduce.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Send a detailed letter to both ebay & seller clearly demanding the refund and detaining out your case with any other documents like photo copies of courier receipts etc.
Send this letter by India Post Register AD only and keep the acknowledgement received in due course for legal records.

Till the time ebay continues to exists as legal entity, keep following up with them again and again asking for refund.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Send a detailed letter to both ebay & seller clearly demanding the refund and detaining out your case with any other documents like photo copies of courier receipts etc.
Send this letter by India Post Register AD only and keep the acknowledgement received in due course for legal records.

Till the time ebay continues to exists as legal entity, keep following up with them again and again asking for refund.
They won't answer to his letters as he is just an individual for them whose case has been settled. If the same is being sent by a lawyer on a letterhead then its a whole different ballgame. The recordings should be sufficient provided he pursues it legally.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
They won't answer to his letters as he is just an individual for them whose case has been settled. If the same is being sent by a lawyer on a letterhead then its a whole different ballgame. The recordings should be sufficient provided he pursues it legally.

The intent behind sending the letter is that they are bound to reply and if not they accept what OP has said. In any case OP has a legal proof in hand that he send a formal letter to them. I have no idea if OP wants to peruse this legally. A lawyer will charge as high as 4 - 5 K just to send a legal notice so you can imagine how much would the the overall expenses would be if one wants to take a legal way.

As far as recordings are concerned in Indian judicial system, audio recording on its own is not accepted as a valid proof in the court of law (Unlike what is depicted in bollywood movies) unless you prove convincingly beyond doubt that the voice in the recordings indeed belongs to the person in question and is not mimicked.

So one needs to take the voice samples and get it verified thru forensics and present the findings in the court.

Come what may, OP should follow-up with ebay on this time and again and push his refund claim. Chances are less that he will get a refund but they are certainly zero if he does not do that now.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@patkim
The intent behind sending the letter is that they are bound to reply and if not they accept what OP has said. In any case OP has a legal proof in hand that he send a formal letter to them. I have no idea if OP wants to peruse this legally. A lawyer will charge as high as 4 - 5 K just to send a legal notice so you can imagine how much would the the overall expenses would be if one wants to take a legal way.
If he sends his letter on a white piece of paper by signing it, ebay is not bound to reply him as they have already closed his case. If a lawyer sends it on his letterhead then they are bound to reply him. Yes hiring one will cost him money, but he can claim legal expenses, price of the product and interest in the suit.

As far as recordings are concerned in Indian judicial system, audio recording on its own is not accepted as a valid proof in the court of law (Unlike what is depicted in bollywood movies) unless you prove convincingly beyond doubt that the voice in the recordings indeed belongs to the person in question and is not mimicked.
So one needs to take the voice samples and get it verified thru forensics and present the findings in the court.

Please help me for my knowledge's sake. Say you abused me, threatened me or whatever and I record your voice in the court. Then does the court order for a forensic test or something?

@quicky008
Any updates?

Top Bottom