Received a possibly fake corsair memory from ebay

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Say you abused me, threatened me or whatever and I record your voice in the court. Then does the court order for a forensic test or something?

It's a different story when crime happens in presence of law officers, everywhere else you have to prove it.
It's at the discretion of the court to decide the exact liability of the culprit towards the victim. The lawsuit expenses may or may not be recoverable depending upon the extent of the crime.

Last edited:
OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Sorry for the delayed reply guys,i must say that i am really grateful to all of you for your support.I was busy for the last few days and so i couldn't respond sooner.
When i contacted ebay last wednesday they said that they will have some senior member of their team contact me directly and give me an update regarding this situation,but i suppose it should come to nobody's surprise that they didn't make good on their promise and no one from their end has bothered to reach out to me till date.

It seems they are making such false promises deliberately in an attempt to stall me because they know that if they can drag the matter on till 14th august then it will have to be left unresolved as ebay will shut down after 14th,and then they will no longer have to take responsibility for this again.

Any way i called them again today and described the whole situation once more(ad nauseam)-again they gave me the same stock response that they will look into the matter and call me back-but this time their representative assured me that i will surely get a callback within 72hrs! This might just be a bluff but that's all i could get out of that fellow-and it seems he was really desperate to hang up for some reason and so i couldn't discuss the matter at length.

As far as sending a legal notice to ebay and/or the seller is concerned,i have given it some thought but i am reluctant to go that route as a lawyer would most likely charge me an exorbitant amount of money just to send the notice(just as Patkim has said)-due to my financial constraints,i am not willing to spend that much for an item that costed me around 2000 rupees.I understand that letting this matter go would be a very foolish decision as it will allow the fraudulent seller and his abettor ebay to get away by cheating their customer in broad daylight,but unfortunately i dont think i can afford to pursue this legally due to financial reasons.However will it make any difference if i send them such a letter on my own and demand the refund?

Also i think CPGRAMs has taken no action regarding the complaint i lodged at their site either as they haven't given me any updates on it till date-the worthless morons that they are,even expecting them to help out an average citizen with his troubles would be a tremendous folly! After sometime they will probably close the case and mark it as "solved" even though they did absolutely nothing to help.

I think patkim is right in stating that the voice recordings would not be treated as valid proof in a court of law,and that scumbag seller and ebay are fully aware of this and so they don't seem the least bothered about it as they know fully well that with or without the recordings,i am still well and truly f**ked(thanks to the astounding legal system we have in this country)!!

However i am thinking of writing to DTDC to see if i can persuade them to provide me with a statement confirming that the item was truly delivered to the seller-maybe if i give this document to ebay,they might change their stance on this situation and decide to give me the refund.The only problem is there is hardly any time left to get things done-even if i am able to procure this proof from DTDC,it is probably gonna take a while.

After ebay shuts down on 14th august,who will take responsibility of settling any pending disputes or issues they might still have?Will Flipkart be answerable for them(as they are supposedly its parent company right now)?

Last edited:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
If I correctly understand, ebay will have to exists as a legal entity for some more time because you can still make a purchase on ebay on 12-Aug-18 and they will have to remain open to service you, despite they won't be accepting any orders come 14-Aug. Ebay FAQ

Did you get a chance to write to the top mgmt of ebay/flipkart as the emails were shared by @billubakra ? There have been several instances in the past where I have hit the CEO's and it was fruitful.

It also disappoints me and angers me that the seller is going to put that item for stock again and sell it again to make more money.

Taking out spare time continue to follow-up with ebay till they exist. If they don't come back call them again asking why? Do get the formal delivery proof from courier and send a copy of that to ebay, still demanding refund despite case closure.

ebay has always been filled with sellers selling fake, duplicate, counterfeit products and flipkart is going to inherit it now.

Also spread a bad word about the seller thru all forums you can imagine. Create a free blog on wix / weebly or any other easy to use website builder of your choice and write a blog about your experience and let it additionally get indexed by search engines.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
A faint glimmer of hope at long last-yesterday i contacted ebay's customer care team once again and was treated to the same old song and dance that they've been subjecting me to for all this while-however this time while talking their representative mentioned that i am gonna get my refund! To confirm whether i've heard him correctly or not,i asked him if it was true,then he told me that someone from their claims team will contact me by tonight and give me an update regarding the situation,also he reiterated that i would be getting my refund eventually.

I had sent them an email of complaint against the seller recently and they've replied to it today,this is what they have stated in it:

" Thank you for contacting eBay India Customer Service.

We understand from your email that, you have concern for Claim ID-3620991

We apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused to you in this concern.

We would like to inform you that we have already escalated this concern for reopen the claim. Once it gets resolved you would be intimated.

We request you to kindly be rest assured as you will surely get revert back from our respective team as soon as possible.

If you have any query just reply on this email and we get back to you very soon.

Regards,

Tinki yadav

eBay India Customer Service"

So it seems my repeated calls and emails have not completely been in vain after all-lets hope whatever they are saying is true and they are not just trying to stall me with their fake promises and assurances.Now i suppose there's nothing more we can do other than see and wait what happens next.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
A faint glimmer of hope at long last-yesterday i contacted ebay's customer care team once again and was treated to the same old song and dance that they've been subjecting me to for all this while-however this time while talking their representative mentioned that i am gonna get my refund! To confirm whether i've heard him correctly or not,i asked him if it was true,then he told me that someone from their claims team will contact me by tonight and give me an update regarding the situation,also he reiterated that i would be getting my refund eventually.

I had sent them an email of complaint against the seller recently and they've replied to it today,this is what they have stated in it:

" Thank you for contacting eBay India Customer Service.

We understand from your email that, you have concern for Claim ID-3620991

We apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused to you in this concern.

We would like to inform you that we have already escalated this concern for reopen the claim. Once it gets resolved you would be intimated.

We request you to kindly be rest assured as you will surely get revert back from our respective team as soon as possible.

If you have any query just reply on this email and we get back to you very soon.

Regards,

Tinki yadav

So it seems my repeated calls and emails have not completely been in vain after all-lets hope whatever they are saying is true and they are not just trying to stall me with their fake promises and assurances.Now i suppose there's nothing more we can do other than see and wait what happens next.
Good luck. Did you attach the pod and weight of the package from dtdc?

Last edited:
OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
yeah i had mentioned the parcel's weight in an earlier email(60gms)-but didn't state anything regarding it in my letter of complaint.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
yeah i had mentioned the parcel's weight in an earlier email(60gms)-but didn't state anything regarding it in my letter of complaint.
Get the same from DTDC
Subhasish Chakraborty <subhasish@dtdc.com>,
"DTDCCO (GENERAL USE)" <dtdcco@dtdc.com>,
CSS CORPORATE OFFICE <css.co@dtdc.com>,
"Jaggoseni Paul (PA to Director)" <jaggoseni.paul@dtdc.com>

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
I would expect the worst if I were you. Always expect the worst when it comes to ebay/snapdeal.
yeah you are right,it seems i spoke too soon.Today i contacted them again as their representative didn't give me any updates about the situation within the 72hrs time frame like he had promised earlier(does that surprise anyone?)-and now they are singing a totally different tune.....

Today a lady spoke to me and she sounded somewhat arrogant and rude-i had to explain the whole thing to her all over again as she seemed totally oblivious to what was going on-then she checked my case and said that unless the seller acknowledged that he had got the item or i could furnish a valid POD from DTDC they wont be able to help me in any way-so it seems we are back to square one again! Then she said they will attempt to contact the seller once more and then revert back to me within 24 hrs-but we all know what its outcome is gonna be like,right? :| :|

I think they are deliberately trying to waste my time by harping on the same thing again rather than trying to make any real progress regarding this situation-they know that if they can drag the matter on a little bit longer they wont have to take responsibility for it once ebay closes after 14th of august.

Btw i had sent some emails to the management team of flipkart as well but they have replied that i should contact ebay in this regard as this issue pertains to them only,not FK.So it seems flipkart wont take any responsibility for this either.

@billubakra :i had sent an email to customercare@dtdc,requesting them to provide me with a valid POD or a written statement with the confirmation of delivery-but they have sent me a generic reply stating that i should check the tracking info on DTDC's website if i wish to know the status of my shipment,which is totally useless

Now it seems i will have write to the new addresses you have provided and see if they respond favourably to my request or not.If they could atleast give me some kind of confirmation of the delivery in the form of a written statement then it would have perhaps been a game-changer.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
yeah you are right,it seems i spoke too soon.Today i contacted them again as their representative didn't give me any updates about the situation within the 72hrs time frame like he had promised earlier(does that surprise anyone?)-and now they are singing a totally different tune.....

Today a lady spoke to me and she sounded somewhat arrogant and rude-i had to explain the whole thing to her all over again as she seemed totally oblivious to what was going on-then she checked my case and said that unless the seller acknowledged that he had got the item or i could furnish a valid POD from DTDC they wont be able to help me in any way-so it seems we are back to square one again! Then she said they will attempt to contact the seller once more and then revert back to me within 24 hrs-but we all know what its outcome is gonna be like,right? :| :|

I think they are deliberately trying to waste my time by harping on the same thing again rather than trying to make any real progress regarding this situation-they know that if they can drag the matter on a little bit longer they wont have to take responsibility for it once ebay closes after 14th of august.

Btw i had sent some emails to the management team of flipkart as well but they have replied that i should contact ebay in this regard as this issue pertains to them only,not FK.So it seems flipkart wont take any responsibility for this either.

@billubakra :i had sent an email to customercare@dtdc,requesting them to provide me with a valid POD or a written statement with the confirmation of delivery-but they have sent me a generic reply stating that i should check the tracking info on DTDC's website if i wish to know the status of my shipment,which is totally useless

Now it seems i will have write to the new addresses you have provided and see if they respond favourably to my request or not.If they could atleast give me some kind of confirmation of the delivery in the form of a written statement then it would have perhaps been a game-changer.
Yes get the same from dtdc, keep those email ids in cc and ask for POD. Do one more thing, call the seller from some other number or get someone else call him posing as your attorney. Ask him why he told eBay the lie as in he didn't receive any product. If you call yourself then he will say that you didn't provide any feedback or some shit. Just tell him that you are filing cases of cheating and fraud under sections abcd(Google them). Also tell him that you are approaching the consumer court. And in the end tell him that you have his recording's and all the other details and that you will post them on youtube etc. Also record this conversation.
What was the name of his store again? Let's search him on other websites and fuck that shithead. What is his number? Let's give him the ratings that he want on Truecaller. And maybe digitians who use wa etc.will send him some feedbacks.

Last edited:
OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
^Their customer support didn't bother to call me back as usual,so i gave them a call yesterday-i was told that i will be hearing from them by today.Today they have sent me an email with the following statements:

"We request you to provide valid proof of dispatch copies from courier company with all below mentioned details:

1. Receipt containing –
a : Seller's name and address
b : Description of content<name of the product>
c : Actual weight

Above mentioned details are missing.

You can send us proofs of shipment by sending from your registered email address to insellerverification@ebay.com . After providing valid proofs, we request you to coordinate with our customer support for reopening the claim. We look forward for your response at the earliest.

Regards,

I had contacted DTDC earlier last week at the email addresses that you'd given me-after that they contacted me and i told them what my problem was.Then their representative said that while they couldn't issue an updated proof of dispatch like what ebay was demanding,they could provide me with a delivery proof from their center in Rudrapur(where the seller is based)to establish that the item had truly been delivered to him-he also requested me to send them the complete name and address of the seller so that they can investigate this matter further.

I sent them the seller's details on saturday but i am yet to hear back from them(DTDC i mean)-i dont know whether they will be able to help me or not.Even if they do provide me with some kind of documentation to prove that the item was delivered to the seller, i dont think those idiots at ebay will accept it as for some reason,they keep insisting on getting a proof of dispatch with all details duly included in it-its funny as the POD copy that i had given them already has these details,only the seller's address has been mentioned in short due to lack of space,and instead of mentioning the item's actual weight,its been stated as 'M',which is DTDC's code for an item of min. weight.

I dont understand why is ebay being so adamant about all these technicalities when it can easily be confirmed by other means whether the item was sent to the seller or not-also the seller's name,his address(in brief) and even his pin code has been mentioned in the courier receipt that i had given them-what does it matter if instead of the full address it is written in brief,also is not mentioning the actual weight of that item really that big of a deal?! I think they are doing this deliberately to avoid giving my refund.

Till date i have called them and emailed them several times but they have not shown even a shred of empathy or courtesy towards me despite the fact that i have been a long time ebay customer.Also their customer care executives are really rude and are outright bluffers who kept assuring me every time i spoke to them that someone from their end will call me to discuss my problem-but till date they haven't fulfilled this promise,in fact i am the one who has to keep calling them back every few days(to no avail though)to follow up on this matter.

I am yet to receive any word or updates from DTDC and so i am not very hopeful that they will do anything to help.And i am really fed up with this situation want to bring this to an end.So i've been thinking would it be a good idea to edit the POD copy myself,make the required changes to it and send it to ebay?The worst that could possibly happen is that they will reject it as well and i wont be able to challenge them legally to get my money back-but i dont intend to take this matter to court anyway and therefore is there any harm in giving it a try and seeing what happens?This will be a last ditch attempt to see if i can get my money back somehow,as it seems i have exhausted all other possibilities at this stage.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
^Their customer support didn't bother to call me back as usual,so i gave them a call yesterday-i was told that i will be hearing from them by today.Today they have sent me an email with the following statements:

"We request you to provide valid proof of dispatch copies from courier company with all below mentioned details:

1. Receipt containing –
a : Seller's name and address
b : Description of content<name of the product>
c : Actual weight

Above mentioned details are missing.

You can send us proofs of shipment by sending from your registered email address to insellerverification@ebay.com . After providing valid proofs, we request you to coordinate with our customer support for reopening the claim. We look forward for your response at the earliest.

Regards,

I had contacted DTDC earlier last week at the email addresses that you'd given me-after that they contacted me and i told them what my problem was.Then their representative said that while they couldn't issue an updated proof of dispatch like what ebay was demanding,they could provide me with a delivery proof from their center in Rudrapur(where the seller is based)to establish that the item had truly been delivered to him-he also requested me to send them the complete name and address of the seller so that they can investigate this matter further.

I sent them the seller's details on saturday but i am yet to hear back from them(DTDC i mean)-i dont know whether they will be able to help me or not.Even if they do provide me with some kind of documentation to prove that the item was delivered to the seller, i dont think those idiots at ebay will accept it as for some reason,they keep insisting on getting a proof of dispatch with all details duly included in it-its funny as the POD copy that i had given them already has these details,only the seller's address has been mentioned in short due to lack of space,and instead of mentioning the item's actual weight,its been stated as 'M',which is DTDC's code for an item of min. weight.

I dont understand why is ebay being so adamant about all these technicalities when it can easily be confirmed by other means whether the item was sent to the seller or not-also the seller's name,his address(in brief) and even his pin code has been mentioned in the courier receipt that i had given them-what does it matter if instead of the full address it is written in brief,also is not mentioning the actual weight of that item really that big of a deal?! I think they are doing this deliberately to avoid giving my refund.

Till date i have called them and emailed them several times but they have not shown even a shred of empathy or courtesy towards me despite the fact that i have been a long time ebay customer.Also their customer care executives are really rude and are outright bluffers who kept assuring me every time i spoke to them that someone from their end will call me to discuss my problem-but till date they haven't fulfilled this promise,in fact i am the one who has to keep calling them back every few days(to no avail though)to follow up on this matter.

I am yet to receive any word or updates from DTDC and so i am not very hopeful that they will do anything to help.And i am really fed up with this situation want to bring this to an end.So i've been thinking would it be a good idea to edit the POD copy myself,make the required changes to it and send it to ebay?The worst that could possibly happen is that they will reject it as well and i wont be able to challenge them legally to get my money back-but i dont intend to take this matter to court anyway and therefore is there any harm in giving it a try and seeing what happens?This will be a last ditch attempt to see if i can get my money back somehow,as it seems i have exhausted all other possibilities at this stage.
Mark a mail to Mr. Subhashish, they will reply you don't worry.
Did you call the seller like I said? eBay is history now.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
"While eBay has closed its India website for taking any new orders, it has set August 30 as the last date for buyers to raise claims for transactions done to date."

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Sorry for the late reply-i tried to contact that s.o.b. seller but he didn't return my calls-i think he is deliberately not accepting calls from unknown numbers.It seems he has duped a couple of other buyers on ebay as well,judging by some of the recent negative feedbacks he's received.I dont know why ebay is taking the side of an unscrupulous seller who has a track record of cheating his customers-do they have no sense of professionalism at all?

Now i have sent the edited POD copy with all the details they asked for to ebay-i also called them yesterday and asked them to reopen my case-they've said that they will call me back within 72 hrs(which i am almost certain they won't)-so i am probably going to have to call them again and again until they finally tell me their decision-and i am really curious as to what excuse they will cook up next if they don't want to refund my money.

And dtdc has sent me a proof of delivery in the form of the photo of the delivery sheet with the sign of the person who collected the item-its the same as the one i got from my local dtdc office earlier.I have forwarded that to ebay once more with the updated POD.

And despite sending scores of emails to flipkart they haven't responded favourably to any of them,even though ebay is supposed to be under their control now-lets hope they are not gonna end up becoming the spitting image of ebay in the coming days as far as their service and trustworthiness is concerned.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
This is just horrible dude, I can totally understand the stress you are going through atm.
I have faced several issues like this which ended up being unresolved.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Ebay is just a paradise for cheaters and fraudsters-i regret that it took me so long to realize this,should never have bought that piece of s*it ram from that seller in the first place.

Which other indian ecommerce sites are as bad as ebay when it comes to customer service?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes, but those you can easily know as fakes but Snapdeal and Ebay are large companies with ads and such.. It is not easy for a newbie to know if these companies are fake or not.
Ebay didnt use to be such a cesspool. I have even sold items there and bought many items including a samsung 850 evo ssd. Its just that all genuine sellers have lost interest in it. Because just like buyers getting scammed, sellers also get frequently scammed.

Top Bottom