Received a possibly fake corsair memory from ebay

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
i sent a message to the seller yesterday and requested him to confirm that he has received the parcel,but as of yet he still hasn't responded-therefore his motives does appear to be questionable;normally he responds within 6-7 hrs to any enquiry,hence its highly suspicious as to why he still hasn't given me any confirmation even though the item was delivered to him yesterday morning-if he didn't receive the item or ran into any other issues then he should have apprised me of it immediately after getting my message.

As today is supposed to be the last day for uploading the updated receipt with the necessary corrections and dtdc wont give me any new receipt,i am thinking of making those changes myself(ie writing the full name and address of seller)on the receipt after covering up the older text with correction fluid-i dont know whether those cretins will accept it or not but this is a last ditch attempt to resolve this situation-if it fails i dont know what i will do.Btw the local dtdc office at my place has sent me a photo showing the signature of the person who collected the item during delivery-should i upload it to ebay as well?

And i will certainly send the emails recounting the whole incident to the management team of Fk,i will also see if i can talk to any senior officials of ebay on the phone.

Ebay is subjecting me to unnecessary harassment over a very trivial matter-also they shoudn't have asked me to submit an updated receipt on such short notice.Things like this take time to get done,if at all and a company like ebay and their staff should be aware of it-despite that,it seems they have orchestrated this whole situation so that they can reject my claim over a meagre technicality-and from their actions it appears that they are in collusion with the seller who is also another fraudster.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
i sent a message to the seller yesterday and requested him to confirm that he has received the parcel,but as of yet he still hasn't responded-therefore his motives does appear to be questionable;normally he responds within 6-7 hrs to any enquiry,hence its highly suspicious as to why he still hasn't given me any confirmation even though the item was delivered to him yesterday morning-if he didn't receive the item or ran into any other issues then he should have apprised me of it immediately after getting my message.

As today is supposed to be the last day for uploading the updated receipt with the necessary corrections and dtdc wont give me any new receipt,i am thinking of making those changes myself(ie writing the full name and address of seller)on the receipt after covering up the older text with correction fluid-i dont know whether those cretins will accept it or not but this is a last ditch attempt to resolve this situation-if it fails i dont know what i will do.Btw the local dtdc office at my place has sent me a photo showing the signature of the person who collected the item during delivery-should i upload it to ebay as well?

And i will certainly send the emails recounting the whole incident to the management team of Fk,i will also see if i can talk to any senior officials of ebay on the phone.

Ebay is subjecting me to unnecessary harassment over a very trivial matter-also they shoudn't have asked me to submit an updated receipt on such short notice.Things like this take time to get done,if at all and a company like ebay and their staff should be aware of it-despite that,it seems they have orchestrated this whole situation so that they can reject my claim over a meagre technicality-and from their actions it appears that they are in collusion with the seller who is also another fraudster.
Don't edit the receipt yourself, DON'T.
I don't understand why are you taking so long to send them a mail or post on their social media? Do you have the seller's number from your last conversation?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I understand your point. It's true that both ebay and seller look suspicious.

However in principle it's the responsibility of the receiver to immediately inform the sender if the box is empty. Since they have silently accepted the parcel, this argument should not stand valid now and it would expose how cheap the seller or ebay can ever be if they take up such an argument now a few days after receipt of the item.

Sending mails to mgmt & concerned and recording it certainly is necessary as well but additionally OP should keep perusing this continuously with seller & ebay so that OP has better control over the whole issue. That includes everything from sending emails, phone recordings, and constant follow-ups, collecting all possible evidences and proving your point.

OP should call ebay and ask that he want's to talk to higher authorities and explain the matter to them as well in addition to the immediate representative who attend the call or come on messaging services.
About your second paragraph,"I was busy blah blah" many reasons will come before you.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Don't edit the receipt yourself, DON'T.
I don't understand why are you taking so long to send them a mail or post on their social media? Do you have the seller's number from your last conversation?

well if editing the receipt myself is a very idea then what should i do?They have asked me to give a suitable response by tonight under the "Gurantee claims" section of their site-should i tell them that i dont have any updated receipt but dtdc has given me the declaration form as well as the photo showing the seller's signature on the delivery form?Will they accept if i give them those as proof of delivery?

I couldn't post any info about my situation on their social media sites as it happened only recently and i really was pressed for time.However i will get on it right away and wont delay the matter any further.

I do have the seller's no but i have never attempted to call him directly,till date i have only communicated with him via messages.However as he is not responding to my messages i think its time to give him a call.

Please give me your suggestions-i dont have much time left to respond to their demands regarding my claim.Should i just tell them the truth and see if they play along?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
1. Send mails and post on social media
2. If you edit the receipt then it can backfire if this thing reaches the consumer court
3. Send them whatever proofs dtdc has given you
4. Ask dtdc for the weight of the parcel. They do weigh every parcel. Mark Mr. Shubashish, the owner who is also from Kolkata, if dtdc doesn't provide you the details
5. Call the seller first thing tomorrow and record the conversation
Don't worry they won't be able to dupe you.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
the worst that i had feared has happened-ebay has rejected my claim!

Yesterday i had sent the emails with the declaration form as well as the photo with the seller's sign on dtdc's delivery form to ebay's customer care,as well as to a couple of other senior officials of FK but it seems all my efforts were in vain!

Today in the morning they have sent a message to my ebay account,stating that my claim has been rejected as i have "failed" to provide the proof of return shipment.

I immediately rang up the seller who kept disconnecting my calls at first-then after a couple of tries when he did speak to me he sounded rather arrogant and evasive-he said that he is traveling by train and so i will have to call him back after some time-but as i didn't give up he finally did confess that he has got the item back-he also said that as i have raised the claim on ebay,its not his responsibility to refund my money-ebay is supposed to handle it.Then he stated that i will have to call him back tomorrow after 10am and hung up abruptly.

I recorded the entire conversation on my phone and so i have proof that the seller has received the item as he said so himself.Then i contacted ebay's customer care and told them the entire thing-the person who spoke with me said that even though they have closed my claim,if i can furnish a written proof that the seller has got the item back then they will return my money,but they wont be reimbursing the cost of shipping.

He told me to contact the seller and ask him to send an email with his confirmation to my ebay-registered mail id,and once he sends that he asked me to forward it to their department.When i asked whether i could send the record of the telephonic conversation as the proof of item being delivered to seller he stated that it wont be acceptable-they want written proof.

So i have sent a message to the seller once again and asked him to confirm in writing that he has got the item as soon as possible-if he doesn't reply or ignores my message then i suppose i will have to give him a call once again tomorrow!!

billubakra

Conversation Architect
So sorry to hear about the same. You have all the proofs, recording, receipts etc. but to get your money back a lawsuit is the only option it seems. Keep mailing the management of FK. How much did you pay for it? And did you get the weight of the package from dtdc? Please post on social media and post the link here. I am sure digitians active on those websites will flood it with comments.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Yeah dtdc informed me that the item weighed 60gms-in the email i sent ebay yesterday i had mentioned this too.Despite that they ignored all the facts that could have easily proved that the item was successfully delivered and closed my claim!

They didn't even bother to contact the seller and confirm whether he has got the item back or not-acc. to the ebay representative i spoke with earlier today,since i didn't provide the courier receipt in their prescribed format with all the info they needed,my claim wasn't considered as valid and was rejected,despite the fact that they could have contacted the seller themselves at any time or confirmed by some other means that i have truly sent back to the right address.The excuse that they are giving me for rejecting my claim is absolutely preposterous!

i had paid Rs 1899 for the item plus 150 more for shipping it back-they have said that if can furnish written proof from the seller then they will refund the cost of the item but wont reimburse the shipping charges.

i checked ebay india's official FB page yesterday but couldn't find any option to post anything there-they just have an option for messaging.I think they know that if they allow people to post on their fb page then it will be flooded with comments from hordes of disgruntled ebay customers-so i think they might have deliberately disabled this option.Will messaging them on facebook yield any useful results?

This is the page in question:

eBay India

Do they have any other pages apart from this?Will i try to contact the customer helpline of the international ebay site and ask them to look into this matter? Also are these morons active on twitter?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
While the claim is closed, you may not be able to re-open the claim in the system from your end. However you should continue the phone communication with ebay and continue to share the details of your case further on this matter and ask to reopen the claim. Earlier when I had some queries on my claim they had given me this mail id incswebhelp@ebay.com check if this is still the same of has changed over a period of time and push your case further.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
yesterday i sent emails to the following FK ids:

kalyan@flipkart.com,
sachin@flipkart.com,
cs@flipkart.com
business@flipkart.com

Are these enough or do i need to send out more emails to other officials/governing bodies of FK as well?if yes,can you please suggest who else on Fk i can address my emails to.

And thanks for the suggestion regarding CPGRAMS-i had no idea that such a platform even existed in India.Will these guys put pressure on ebay and/or the seller in question to refund my money if i register the details of my case at their site?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
You can also register on *www.consumercomplaints.in/ and file your complaint therein against ebay. This site only acts as middleman. They will certainly notify your complaint to ebay, however if ebay does not come forward to resolve it may remain pending but you do your job of raising your concern anyway and it gets listed by online search engines too.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
yesterday i sent emails to the following FK ids:

kalyan@flipkart.com,
sachin@flipkart.com,
cs@flipkart.com
business@flipkart.com

Are these enough or do i need to send out more emails to other officials/governing bodies of FK as well?if yes,can you please suggest who else on Fk i can address my emails to.

And thanks for the suggestion regarding CPGRAMS-i had no idea that such a platform even existed in India.Will these guys put pressure on ebay and/or the seller in question to refund my money if i register the details of my case at their site?

TBH I don't know about any other email addresses.
That is a sarkari website. But they do issue a letter to the concerned and if its written then it will work for you. Personally I used it for complaining against the pathetic services of SHITtel broadband. It worked initially but then this horrible company used to update that we have settled the issue with customer and these babus used to close the ticket. They don't have the power to issue a letter to the seller but ebay instead.
Since ebay India is shutting down so I would suggest you to be ready for a lawsuit. Don't loose that recording. What is the name of the seller and where is he based? Let us all give him some reviews before ebay bids adieu.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
i just had a talk with the seller-that slippery b*stard is behaving very rudely and saying that as long as ebay doesn't ask him to confirm that he has received the item he wont do so.

here's the record of the conversation:
call_10-47-49_OUT_7017689100.amr

The seller's name is online.easy:

online.easy on eBay

And he is based in rudrapur,uttarakhand

Last edited:
OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
update:The seller contacted me right now and said that i should send him a message on ebay to confirm the receipt of the item as well as leave him a positive feedback-then and only then he will acknowledge that he has received the item!!

This is highly ridiculous-when i asked why should i leave him any positive feedback even though he is not cooperating with me,he said that the outcome of the whole situation will depend on whether i give him the positive feedback or not-and how this thing ends will depend on me......

I have recorded this conversation as well.Should i send all the recordings to ebay now?

here's the latest one:

call_11-56-16_IN_+917017689100.amr

billubakra

Conversation Architect
update:The seller contacted me right now and said that i should send him a message on ebay to confirm the receipt of the item as well as leave him a positive feedback-then and only then he will acknowledge that he has received the item!!

This is highly ridiculous-when i asked why should i leave him any positive feedback even though he is not cooperating with me,he said that the outcome of the whole situation will depend on whether i give him the positive feedback or not-and how this thing ends will depend on me......

I have recorded this conversation as well.Should i send all the recordings to ebay now?

here's the latest one:

call_11-56-16_IN_+917017689100.amr

They won't listen to the recordings as they are busy winding up. But send them so that you have every proof if you shift to consumer court.
Leave him a good rating, take its screenshot and let's see. I am sure that the rating can be edited later on.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Jusy checked the seller is supposedly selling Intel processors, older gen though, for less than 500 including gst. You should have stayed away man.
Listened to the latest recording. He won't do shit even if you give a positive feedback the way he is talking. Do one thing give him a rating, at least get this thing out of his mouth as many times as you can on the phone that he has received the item. And please find a good cosumer court expert.

Last edited:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
In addition to your main issue, you should also complaint to ebay about this seller. Both are unprofessional and unwilling to solve your problem but when you complaint it gets recorded.

Top Bottom