Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a polk audio speaker that is approximately 8 years old. i upgraded my system and added a 945 motherboard, which comes with realtek hd audio driver. since then, sound is very low and i am barely able to hear. there is no defect with the speaker as connecting with an ipod, it works perfectly. what can be the problem?
pls help
thnx

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
realteak audio shud be turned on b4 using to enable it..........

r u sure it is turned on???????

if yes check "Environment" in "Sound Effect" tab

or check mixers in "mixer" tab......to make sure wave bar is high...........

n lastly in "Audio I/O" check ur speaker system

OP
saurabh.sauron

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
everything seems to be ok. i am using highest posiible settings and still sound is so feeble that i can barely hear.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
most basic, double click the "speaker" icon in task bar.
& check whether all volume are at high.

*img145.imageshack.us/img145/4391/screenshot004eh0.th.jpg*img145.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

-----------

goto control panel >> sounds, speech & audio devices >> sound & audio device >>configure the setup / follow the pictorial
*img75.imageshack.us/img75/4922/screenshot004qd5.th.jpg*img75.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
I have a polk audio speaker that is approximately 8 years old. i upgraded my system and added a 945 motherboard, which comes with realtek hd audio driver. since then, sound is very low and i am barely able to hear. there is no defect with the speaker as connecting with an ipod, it works perfectly. what can be the problem?
pls help
thnx

have u turned on the voice cancellation or what???After all this did u checked out for the wires… if it is not crushed or whatever???

OP
saurabh.sauron

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
checked up everything (it works perfectly with the ipod)...i think the problem lies in compatibility with the HD Audio

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
i guess compatibility shouldnt be making nuiances like this may be the alingment of the stereo pin of your speaker has different layout since it is a old one....

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey check "Sound and Audio Devices" in contrl pnl.......is redirecting sound output to realtek or not.....

thn check weather ur media player is redirecting it through realtek or not......

or else borrow a speaker set frm sum1 check it on ur PC.........if it works f9.....thn thr is sumthng wrong iwid ur speakers or check the wires of ur speakers...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom