RAZR still tops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondie

Broken In
Nielsen released a study detailing American habits of using the internet and mobile devices in their “top tens of 2008″ study (PDF). Amongst the most popular phones in use are the RAZR series. Interestingly, with as much hype as the Apple iPhone gets it only comes in at #4 on the list–over the Blackberry 8100 series that is used by professionals and enthusiasts alike. Overall, LG and Motorola seem to be the most popular companies. Samsung and Sony Ericsson did not make the list.

*www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mobileresults.jpg

SOURCE: *www.geek.com/articles/mobile/nielsen-releases-findings-of-mobileinternet-usage-study-2009012/

The ENTIRE LIST: *www.nielsen.com/media/toptens_yearend_2008.html

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Err.. your article is misleading honey. The RAZR is tops because it has been on sale for the past 5-6 years. The iPhone 3G, which has been on sale for only 8 months, is officially the best selling phone in the U.S.
LINK

OP
blondie

blondie

Broken In
What part of "still" didn't you understand? And yeah, your link sure is very leading. And it is not my article. It's done by a marketing company called Nielsen.

The Nielsen Company is the world's leading provider of marketing information, audience measurement, and business media products and services.
*www.nielsen.com/about/index.html

Do people even read it full before commenting..wtf! :rolleyes:

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Wow.. you can read the marketing speak!
Maybe I should have rephrased my previous post. I couldn't care less about who or what Nielsen is. The fact of the matter is, that ranking is as fruitless an exercise as trying to explain why a coin flip ended up heads or tails.
The article is like saying "Walkman players are still tops!" considering that they've been on sale for decades even though the iPod has been the top selling MP3 brand for the past 5 years.
From your post, quoted verbatim - "Interestingly, with as much hype as the Apple iPhone gets it only comes in at #4". Do you honestly expect a 6 month old phone (18 months if you consider it's older brother too) to outsell something that has been on shelves for eons and is available for -$100?
How can it be top tens of "2008" when the image you've hyperlinked specifically mentions Q3 2008? Q4 could have very well turned out to be a major winner for Apple and seen it trump the LG and KRZR.
FWIW, the "old 3310 might still be tops in India", even though it's no longer in production. In plain and simple terms, it doesn't really provide a business advantage for someone who's looking to gain an advantage in the first place.

Sheesh...:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom