Range externder

jak3072

Broken In
Hey ppl pls suggest a range extender. My budget can go from 2-4 max. The range should be enough to cover one floor & one floor only.

thanks

OP
jak3072

jak3072

Broken In
I have two routers available with me - netgear n150 & Binatone dt 850w. Which of these can be used & a little tutorial would be helpful. thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Configuring two wireless routers with one SSID (network name) at home for free roaming - Scott Hanselman
beside configuring you just need to connect 2 models using a lan wire.

OP
jak3072

jak3072

Broken In
Do the models above support wireless bridge mode.? Cos I can't have the routers connected by a single wire, being on different floors.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
netgear has it i think(since exact model no. is not mentioned) but i doubt binatone has it as it is a cheap bsnl issued wireless adsl modem.also post the full model name of netgear as N150 is simply a classification(N150 for 150mbps wax wifi speed while N300 is 300mbps max wifi speed).
How To Set WDS (Repeater Function) on WNDR3300/WNR3500?

rambagri

Right off the assembly line
You can buy two tp link Routers w8961 i think, both has WDS option. Very easy to setup. That way you will have wireless bridge to support long range of wifi at your home. You can buy one adsl+router and another router only.

OP
jak3072

jak3072

Broken In
Hmm bit confusing but I'll see what I can do. Let you guys know when I next go home and try it out.

Top Bottom