Random pics of famous places in Pakistan

KeyboardWarrior

Right off the assembly line
I am starting this informative thread about positive side of pakistan’s past,present,future of culture,fashion,food,music,sports,entertainment industry,people( men or women), economy, architecture, famous personalities, education,places, religions,civilizations, science and technology in the field of I.T,medical,space and military. i will post random pictures with some description. I will try to update this thread time to time. I am not professional in creating threads. some help from digitians and positive comments will be appreciated.

P.S: This thread is not comparison with any country.Mods have right to delete this thread or posts if it breaches any digit.in rules .

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Positivity is a good thing. But, Why do you want to waste that on a country like Pakistan. As an Indian there is nothing that that country can offer us. Secondly, they are a poor country with poor heritage. Majority of People there are still jahil and illiterate.

I can't imagine anything positive could happen for India or Indians.

OP
KeyboardWarrior

KeyboardWarrior

Mazar-e-Quaid, Karachi, Pakistan

Jinnah Mausoleum or the National Mausoleum refers to the tomb (Mazar) of the founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah. It is an iconic symbol of Karachi throughout the world.

Architecture:

The Mausoleum building was designed by Yahya Merchant. It is made of white marble with curved Moorish arches and copper grills reset on an elevated 54 square meters platform. The mausoleum is located in a 53 hectare park and the size of the building is 75x75m on ground and 43m high, built on an 4m high platform. In each wall is placed an entrance. 15 successive fountains lead to the platform from one side and from all sides terraced avenues lead to the gates. The cool inner sanctum reflects the green of a four-tiered crystal chandelier gifted by the people of China. Around the mausoleum is a park fitted with strong beamed spot-lights which at night project light on the white mausoleum.

*media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/0f/42/8d/mazar-e-quaid.jpg

Pics:

*nativepakistan.com/wp-content/uploads/Mazar-e-Quaid-Karachi.jpg

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3359/3522849889_66c917ba57.jpg

*1.bp.blogspot.com/-iVgkQGC2YAE/TdfBF82yyKI/AAAAAAAAADU/9ZZ8QvnK6fg/s1600/3281666-Mazar_e_Quaid-Karachi.jpg

*mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/41861108.jpg

*photos.suchit.in/Travel/Pakistan-Mar-2005/i-HXPVZ6J/0/L/_DSC3192-L.jpg

*www.pak101.com/phototour/Karachi/DSCN4227456_copy_small_ehnmh_Pak101(dot)com.jpg

Last edited:
OP
KeyboardWarrior

KeyboardWarrior

Pakistan Monument, (National Monument of Pakistan) Islamabad, Pakistan

The Pakistan Monument in Islamabad, Pakistan, is a national monument representing the nation's four provinces and three territories. After a competition among many renowned architects, Arif Masood’s plan was selected for the final design. The blooming flower shape of the monument represents Pakistan's progress as a rapidly developing country. The four main petals of the monument represent the four provinces (Balochistan, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, and Sindh), while the three smaller petals represent the three territories (Gilgit-Baltistan, Azad Kashmir and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas). The Monument has been designed to reflect the culture and civilization of the country and depicts the story of the Pakistan Movement, dedicated to those who sacrificed themselves for future generations.

From air the monument looks like a star (center) and a crescent moon (formed by walls forming the petals), these represent the star and crescent on Pakistan's flag.

Structure.

The monument is located at the west viewpoint of the Shakarparian Hills, and is spread over a total area of 2.8 hectares. The high location makes the monument visible from across the twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi. The foundation stone was laid on 25 May 2004 and the complex was completed by the end of 2006 for inauguration on 23 March 2007. The total cost incurred was more than Rs.580 million.

The structure comprises four blossoming flower petals, built of granite, representing the unity of Pakistani people. The inner walls of the petals are decorated with murals. The central platform is made in the shape of a five-pointed star which is surrounded by a water body. A metallic crescent surrounding the star is inscribed with sayings of Muhammad Ali Jinnah and poetry of Allama Iqbal.

Murals.

The murals on the inside of large petals are based on Islamic architecture, and were decorated by a team of artists led by Kausar Jahan and Zarar Haider Babri, who spent a total of 119,000 hours on the artwork.The first petal features the Malki Tombs, Shahjahan Mosque, Rohtas Fort, Gawadar, and Faisal Mosque. The second petal depicts the images of Quiad-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Fatima Jinnah, Minar-e-Pakistan, Badshahi Mosque, Shila Tunnel, Karakorum Highway and a group of cheering people at Jinnah's public appearance. The third petal reflects Allama Iqbal, the Shah Rukn-e-Alam's Tomb, Mahabat Khan Mosque, Indus Valley Civilization, Lahore Fort and Indus River Delta. The fourth petal comprises the images of Sheesh Mehal, Lahore, Shalamar Gardens, the Uch Sharif Tomb, Islamia College Peshawar, the Ziarat Residency, the Khyber Pass and a polo match.

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Islamabad_-_Pakistan_Monument_by_Night.JPG/1280px-Islamabad_-_Pakistan_Monument_by_Night.JPG

Pics:
*www.dostpakistan.pk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Pakistan_Monument_8.jpg

*lawaonline.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/islamabad/pakistan-monument.jpg

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/Rizwan_monument.JPG

*mojotravel.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/national-monument-islamabad.jpg

*www.alkalam.pk/beautiful_pakistan/pictures/pakistan_monument.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8470506351_b6498c4259_z.jpg

*i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af197/stronghearted87/42077214.jpg

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-D--D7pmDs-c/Tv6FxYP1-JI/AAAAAAAAAVg/ksUAz2gi0Uo/s808/PakistanMonument.JPG

*photography.zagham.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/DSC_2366-770x539.jpg

Last edited:
OP
KeyboardWarrior

KeyboardWarrior

University of Karachi. (UoK) Pakistan

*www.studyzone.pk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Karachi-University-UOK-Entry-Test-Result-and-Merit-List-20141.jpg

The University of Karachi (or KU) is a public university located in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It serves an on-campus student population of more than 24,000. According to the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, it is ranked among the top three universities of the country. In 2008 the university entered the THE-QS World University Rankings for the top 500 universities in the world.The University of Karachi holds a unique position in the country's educational system. As a respected research and reaching institution, it is committed to intellectual leadership, and to excellence in both developing knowledge and conveying that knowledge to its students. The University of Karachi meets the commitments to preserve knowledge through its instructional and research programs for higher level education.

History.
The University of Karachi was established through parliament as a Federal University in 1951. In 1962 its status was redefined as a university of the province of Sindh. On 23 October 1950 the Karachi University Act was passed and after an amendment in 1951 it was enacted. For the first two years, the University of Karachi remained as an examination University for the affiliated colleges.

In 1953 it started its teaching and research activities at two faculties of Arts and Science. Opened with an intake of 50 students, the university now has 53 Departments and 20 Research Centers and Institutes, under faculties of Arts, Science, Islamic Studies, Engineering, Law, Pharmacy, Management and Administrative Sciences and Medicine. The enrolment of regular students at the campus is around 28,000. There are about 1000 faculty members and more than 3000 supporting staff. On 18 January 1960 the university was shifted to the new campus on a plot of 1,279 acres (5.18 km2) located on the Country Club Road (now University Road), under the vice-chancellorship of Prof. Dr. Basheer Ahmad Hashmi, 23 June 1957 - 22 June 1961.

Campus.
The university campus is spread over 1,279 acres (5.18 km2) of land, situated 12 km away from the city center of Karachi. About four percent of the university's students are foreigners who come from 23 different countries in regions as diverse as Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East and Europe. The university has a high standard of teaching, with many professors being well-known scholars and academics of international repute and possessing Ph.D. and D.Sc. degrees from abroad. In a short span of 40 years, the university has risen to acquire a high status in the field of education in Pakistan as well as regionally.

Research institutes and centres.

Applied Economics Research Centre
Area Study Center for Europe
Center of Excellence for Women Study
Center of Excellence in Marine Biology
Center for Molecular Genetics
H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry
Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular Medicine
Dr. A.Q. Khan Institute of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
Institute of Clinical Psychology
Institute of Environmental Studies
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Department of Main Communication Network (Nadeem Ahmed In-Charge MCN UoK

Institute of Marine Science
National Center for Proteomics
National Nematological Research Centre
Pakistan Study Center
Sheikh Zayed Islamic Research Centre
Institute of Space and Planetary Astrophysics
Institute for Sustainable Halophyte Utilization
Marine Reference & Research Collection Center
Department of Chemical Engineering
Department of Zoology
Department of Computer Science.

*regionalpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/1798461_847152698652417_6256330765042334376_n.jpg

*ilm.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Karachi-University-Images-3.jpg

*ilm.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Karachi-University-Images-4.jpg

*www.friendsmania.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/karachi-university-class.jpg

*2.bp.blogspot.com/_rib0uRTb69Q/TPnPUvEh8-I/AAAAAAAAABo/5LSNt3Gp9hM/s1600/aku.jpg

*www.uok.edu.pk/images/banner4.jpg

sheikh zayed islamic center karachi university

*mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/42380459.jpg

*pb-i4.s3.amazonaws.com/photos3/43667-1194793318-0.jpg

*www.uok.edu.pk/images/banner4-o.jpg

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/23/KU_Arts_Faculty.JPG

*www.kubs.edu.pk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/DSC_0410-620x415.jpg

*uok.edu.pk/images/banner5.jpg

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Department_of_Food_Science_%26_Technology,_University_of_Karachi.JPG/640px-Department_of_Food_Science_%26_Technology,_University_of_Karachi.JPG

*toffeetv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/photo.jpeg

*photos.thenews.com.pk/tasveer_images/2012-10-6/large/2_59265.JPG

*www.pgapakistan.org/images/Seminars/ku2012/14.JPG

*www.googlekhan.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/iba-karachi.jpg

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/SP_A1456.jpg

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/Offices_Faculty-of-Arts_KU.jpg

*i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/540562-SolidersPHOTOEXPRESS-1366912633-770-640x480.jpg

*dhatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/15/Karachi-University-Geology-Department-Delegation-Visits-DHA-City-Karachi-DCK-2.jpg

*c1.staticflickr.com/5/4020/4473253149_a367df62b1_b.jpg

*lh5.ggpht.com/-lsG87uRmUcc/SoULQ5VgkhI/AAAAAAAAABs/-k7F3MsTHzQ/CIMG5303.jpg

*www.studysols.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Karachi-University-BA-BSc-Exams-2012-Schedule.jpg

*uok.edu.pk/conv/2012/a1.jpg

*uok.edu.pk/conv/2012/a2.jpg

*uok.edu.pk/conv/2012/a4.jpg

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Positivity is a good thing. But, Why do you want to waste that on a country like Pakistan. As an Indian there is nothing that that country can offer us. Secondly, they are a poor country with poor heritage. Majority of People there are still jahil and illiterate.

I can't imagine anything positive could happen for India or Indians.

>Says positivity is a good thing
>Starts judging an entire country negatively

I am starting this informative thread about positive side of pakistan’s past,present,future of culture,fashion,food,music,sports,entertainment industry,people( men or women), economy, architecture, famous personalities, education,places, religions,civilizations, science and technology in the field of I.T,medical,space and military. i will post random pictures with some description. I will try to update this thread time to time. I am not professional in creating threads. some help from digitians and positive comments will be appreciated.

P.S: This thread is not comparison with any country.Mods have right to delete this thread or posts if it breaches any digit.in rules .
What is the point of this thread exactly?

tkin

Back to school!!

I'm not discouraging you or anything but
science and technology in the field of I.T,medical,space and military
Seriously?

The real good thing that Pakistan has are landscapes, some really beautiful regions.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not discouraging you or anything but
Seriously?

The real good thing that Pakistan has are landscapes, some really beautiful regions.

Their average internet speed is faster than ours, and they can send a few terrorists in our country whom we can't weed out even after 3-4 days. :(

sujoyp

Grand Master
whatever people say Pakistan Monument, @Islamabad, Pakistan is really beautiful. just loved the architecture.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Their average internet speed is faster than ours, and they can send a few terrorists in our country whom we can't weed out even after 3-4 days. :(
Lol even Bangladesh has faster average internet speed than us

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Their average internet speed is faster than ours,

I once pointed this out in Dota 2 India group on FB and everyone was calling me anti-national and telling me that if I think they are better then I should go and live there.

Bloody insufferable butt-hurt *******s.

OP
KeyboardWarrior

KeyboardWarrior

Seaview, Clifton Beach, Karachi, Pakistan

Clifton Beach or Seaview is a beach in Karachi, Pakistan located on the Arabian Sea. It is one of the neighborhoods of Clifton, Saddar Town. It was the world's most popular silver-sand beach and health resort during 20th century but in 2003 it was affected by an oil spill. The beach has attractions for families and tourists, including beachside horse rides, amusement parks, restaurants, and swimming in the Arabian Sea.

A gated residential area called Seaview Apartments lies close to a section of Clifton beach known as Seaview beach or simply "Seaview". Further ahead lies Darakhshan Villas which comprises residential townhouses and huts.

Another attraction in this area is the recently constructed Cineplex cinema for the people who reside in DHA and Clifton. Hollywood films are mostly screened here along with some selected Bollywood films. The cinemas are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and other entertainment sections.

Soon as the sun sets,flood lights come up and the picnic continues till midnight.

The Defence Housing Authority is fighting erosion by badding more sand, which may change the shape and features of the beach.

Other beaches close to the city include Sandspit, Hawke's Bay, and Paradise Point (a sandstone rock promontory with a natural arch), sonehra point, french beach, cape Mount, Manora beach, but Clifton Beach is the most popular picnic destination in Karachi

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3531/3231655121_e6dfdd844c_z.jpg

*farm5.staticflickr.com/4110/5013869543_e31133a5ba_z.jpg

*www.dailytimes.com.pk/images/2010/06/04/20100604_02.jpg

*mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/50208046.jpg

*photos.thenews.com.pk/tasveer_images/2012-6-4/large/2_49878.JPG

*insider.pk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/karachi-4.jpg

*photos.thenews.com.pk/tasveer_images/2012-6-4/large/2_49880.JPG

*photos.thenews.com.pk/tasveer_images/2012-8-22/large/2_56347.JPG

*media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/06/08/a2/ca/wowwww.jpg

*photos.thenews.com.pk/tasveer_images/2013-1-20/large/2_65574.JPG

*c1.staticflickr.com/5/4001/4424783723_a8043378ef_z.jpg

*www.thesindhtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/sea_view.jpg

*www.danialshah.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/art-of-sand-clifton.jpg

*c1.staticflickr.com/9/8455/8050970529_cba1f40ec5_b.jpg

*i0.wp.com/www.thelovelyplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Clifton-Beach-Karachi-Adeel-Anwer.jpg

*pics.tripdiscovery.com/images/photos/dolmin22693799_2013311143255.jpg

*wkitravel.com/v/Clifton-Beach-Karachi-v11.jpg

*fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/601459_455861077770578_951953709_n.jpg

*www.city21.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/434090-childrenPHOTOAYESHAMIREXPRESS-1347219118-651-640x4801-436x360.jpg

*photos.thenews.com.pk/tasveer_images/2012-3-5/large/2_201203050233006931.jpg

*photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/00/50/05/57_big.jpg

*i33.tinypic.com/2ldhawj.jpg

*cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/563014981-the-night-view-of-clifton-beach-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=W2vaufVvs5WFU3ORXZazMF%2FoSVCb%2FCdaW551PdEyCCWqBjXUyGBLLmAuYpYQAZUHJvBhoujqjJ0qQLnP9q1Fvw%3D%3D

Last edited:
OP
KeyboardWarrior

KeyboardWarrior

Port Fountain, Karachi.

The Port Fountain or Karachi Port Trust Fountain is located next to the northern rock of a series of islands known as the Oyster Rocks, off the Karachi Harbour. The fountain is the world's third tallest, and rises to height of 620 feet (190 m) when operating at full force. Ever since its inauguration on January 15, 2006, the fountain has been attracting visitors from all over Pakistan. The fountain structure and platform of 135 sq meters (15 m x 9m) is on 16 piles 18 metres deep. Two 835 horsepower (623 kW) turbine pumps deliver nearly 2000 litres of sea water per second at a velocity of 70 metres per second through specially designed 8-inch (200 mm) nozzles. The fountain was constructed at a cost of PKR 320 million (approximately $5.3 million US).

Because the fountain rises so high into the air, it is easily seen from many locations of the city. Many high rise apartments, buildings and surroundings overlook the fountain throughout the community at the beach. The column of water can be seen from several miles at sea. The fountain is located 1.4 km away from the beach to avoid spraying water onto beachside homes. Maximum vapours travel up to a radius of 500 feet (150 m) around the fountain. Eighteen flood lights of 400 watts illuminate the fountain at night.

In a TV program, Minister for ports and shipping Pakistan "Dr. Babur Ghauri" said, he is now planning to construct some fast food outlets and restaurants in the surroundings of the fountain. He said it will give a chance to visitors to watch the beauty of fountain closely and enjoy their meal more with sitting at the centre of the beach.

Clifton Oyster Rocks

The Clifton Oyster Rocks are a series of islets located off the coast of the Clifton neighbourhood of Karachi, Pakistan. Karachi city government decided to include the island as part of its plans to renovate the city. As part of these plans, the Port Fountain was constructed at the base of the northern island. It shoots water up to 620 feet in the air, and is the second-tallest fountain in the world.

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9e/Oyster_Rocks.JPG/800px-Oyster_Rocks.JPG

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/06/Oyster_Rock.jpg/800px-Oyster_Rock.jpg

Port Fountain

*www.pakwheels.com/forums/attachments/road-trips-vacations/1190113d1369158040-kiya-karachi-mein-kuch-bhi-ghoomne-laiq-nahi-karachi04.jpg

*www.kpt.gov.pk/content-img/port-water-jet-fountain-2.jpg

At Night:

*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv300/nazosd/2586628-Sea_View-Karachi.jpg

*www.paklinks.com/gsmedia/files/54757/IMG_0106.jpg

*4.bp.blogspot.com/-ATYJDe34xyc/TiHYcvFemMI/AAAAAAAAACA/n04b3Yr-2nQ/s1600/KPT+Jet+Fountain.jpg

*www.kpt.gov.pk/page-images/Fountain.jpg

*www.pakwheels.com/forums/attachments/road-trips-vacations/699693d1171733400-pictures-beautiful-karachi-karachibeach_with_new_fountain_jet_4yi_pakwheels-com-.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom