Sooraj

Right off the assembly line
i have 1GB DDR2 RAM.My computer is not working at a very good speed.It sometimes gets hanged.i scaned and defragged my laptop .i have norton antivirus 2012.do i have to buy a new RAM?if so can you tell me the prices?

thank you in advance!:-o

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Go to the Task Manager and post a screenshot.

Also are you on Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows XP? If you are on Win 7 or Vista you will definitely need more RAM for smooth operation :wink:

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
Use The Free Software cleanRAM....Download From Clean Ram - CNET Download.com And Run It...!!:-o If You Are Facing This Problem Again,Then Open Your CPU'S Cabinet And Take Out The RAM...After Taking This Out.Take A Paper And Clean RAM...If Problem Again Persist Then You Have To Go To Service Center...:cry::cry:
Hope This Answer Will Help You...!!!! :|:|

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Man, this is a laptop.
@OP:
Anyways, as suggested by ankit.kumar010203, OP can access the RAM at the back by removing the screws. The RAM's are user serviceable in laptops, so will not void the warranty (if any).
I don't think RAM cleaners are any good.
you need to let us know what OS and the softwares you are using. If it's Windows XP, it fine but if it's anything above that you need to put in more RAM as 1GB is the bare minimum required for Windows, Vista onwards.
Alternatively, you can checkout the processes running on your system and any unnecessary tasks that run on the system (mostly IM's, PC Suites (Particularly Nokia Suite consumes too much of memory, can't say about others), hidden in the notification bar, can be shut down.
You can also open MS Configuration Utility by typing msconfig.exe in Run... in the start menu, and then configure the services and the startup applications which take a toll on the system's performance. Please note that there are some important services and startup applications in there. Do not fiddle with these if you don't know what you're doing.
You can post the screenshots of your task manager's processes page (selecting Show Processes from All Users), and the Services and Startup screens of the MS Configuration Utility to let us help you in this.

koolent

Youngling
Upgrade your RAM. This seems the only solution to me if you are not upgrading your RAM.

RAM cleaners do nothing but consume hard drive space !

Try typing msconfig.exe in the Run Window (Press Windows + R) and configure the programs there.

If all fails, UPGRADE as 1 GB is really less..

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
Man, this is a laptop.
@OP:
Anyways, as suggested by ankit.kumar010203, OP can access the RAM at the back by removing the screws. The RAM's are user serviceable in laptops, so will not void the warranty (if any).
I don't think RAM cleaners are any good.
you need to let us know what OS and the softwares you are using. If it's Windows XP, it fine but if it's anything above that you need to put in more RAM as 1GB is the bare minimum required for Windows, Vista onwards.
Alternatively, you can checkout the processes running on your system and any unnecessary tasks that run on the system (mostly IM's, PC Suites (Particularly Nokia Suite consumes too much of memory, can't say about others), hidden in the notification bar, can be shut down.
You can also open MS Configuration Utility by typing msconfig.exe in Run... in the start menu, and then configure the services and the startup applications which take a toll on the system's performance. Please note that there are some important services and startup applications in there. Do not fiddle with these if you don't know what you're doing.
You can post the screenshots of your task manager's processes page (selecting Show Processes from All Users), and the Services and Startup screens of the MS Configuration Utility to let us help you in this.

Hi Cyberkid,He Mentioned Both COMPUTER AND Laptop Word in his thread....:|:| And I also faced this prob...I have Also Used RAM Cleaner..It Works Very Fine To Me.!:-?:-?

icebags

Technomancer
yah in windows 7, RAM cleaner is pretty useless.

you should give us the full configuration details, the other parts might be slow as well.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - check your HDD for bad sector ( use HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool - bootable CD version ) and check your ram module using memtest86+ app - also make sure your cpu is not overheating.

Top Bottom