RAM Upgrade NetBook [Performance Query]

Hrishi

Hi ,
I am willing to upgrade RAM on my HP DM1 netbook.
Currently it holds 2GB DDR3 ram@1333mhz.
It supports upto 8GB DDr3 , so I was wondering What could be the best option for Ram upgrade. ?

1.Get rid of current 2GB DDR3 and get a 2X4GB DDR3 ?
2.2GB DDr3 + 4GB DDR3. ?
3.2X2 GB DDR3 ?

Q.Although Upgrading to 8Gb will be the best , but will it make any difference to 6GB or 4GB for the Extra buck I would be spending on it?

The reason I am asking above question is because , I heard from most users that maximum amount of memory utilised doesn't exceeds more than 5-6 GBs , unless you are running VMWare.

I basically use the laptop for Visual Studio 2010 , and SQL Server 2008 and JDK.
Sometimes FIFA ,NFSMW,CS and watching 1080p movies(after connecting to bigger screen).

I can't do anything to the 1.65Ghz proccy , but I hope the RAM change will make a difference. But how much thats what I want to know before investing the 1200-2500 bucks. <@_@>

Thanks.

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

Thanks , Even I was thinking for the same , but stability issue was a concern for me with (2GB+4GB).
Can you recommend a good 4GB DDR3 ram @1333Mhz ??

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Get either one of these:
Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9) | Ram | Flipkart.com
or
Transcend DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (JM1333KSN-4G) | Ram | Flipkart.com

I think the corsair would be better.
Local price should be cheaper than flipkart.

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
*i47.tinypic.com/2l9nzvr.png
*i50.tinypic.com/97mpuu.png

will this ram be ok Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9) | Ram | Flipkart.com

ashrj

Intermediate-level User
Hey ! I plan on buying a netbook this week, possibly the dm1 :) Could you tell me how much of a difference in performance have you experienced in your netbook after the upgrade ? Any effect on battery life ?

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

The difference ia approximately 30-35% , while running Visual Studio.Now it doesn't lags like before.
I have'nt done any RAM intensive work on it yet. But you won't notice the difference in terms of casual computing.

Top Bottom