Status
Not open for further replies.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Processor Clock=FSB * Multiplier.

See 533 MhZ is the real clock and 533*5=2665 MHZ (the clock speed of the proessor) is the effective clock...I..think.

Pentium D 805 has a FSB of 533mhz.
this 533mhz is real clock or effective clock?

Hmm ... strange .. the multiplier is much higher i think .... ... when using standard ddr400 modules .. the ram operates at 200 MHz and the FSB at 533 MHz ( CPU : FSB ratio is more than 1:1 then ..) .... FSB / 2 = 266 MHz ... so in this case the multipler should be 10 ... not 5 ....

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
MysticHalo said:
EDIT: aha! Found the Intel specifications for mobo 1 : HERE It says the mobo s'ports 333/266/200 Mhz of speeds @ 2gb DDR ram max.

what if i plug in a 400mhz ram in mobo 1 which only supports 333/266/200mhz?
will the ram or mobo gets any damage?

And regarding FSB stuff, i am asking the fsb indicated for Pentium D 805 is 533mhz.
now this 533mhz is real clock / effective clock ?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
ashfame said:
what if i plug in a 400mhz ram in mobo 1 which only supports 333/266/200mhz?
will the ram or mobo gets any damage?
No,it will not damage the mobo..but it will work at only 333 MHz instead of 400 MhZ
And regarding FSB stuff, i am asking the fsb indicated for Pentium D 805 is 533mhz.
now this 533mhz is real clock / effective clock ?
533 Mhz is the real clock ..when u include the FSB also it the effictive clock i.e the main core clock speed

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
gary suggested me a mobo for my proci. (SYSTEM 1)
see this :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29238
the mobo supports 533mhz & 800mhz proci.
my real clock is 133Mhz. & effective clock is 133*4 = 533mhz.
can i hav that mobo?
how can i confirm that the mobo wants 533mhz as its real/effective clock speed?

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Yeah, a mobo wid s'port for 533 Mhz proccy should work just fine. everythin we refer in speeds is the final effective clock and not the real clock. So ur FSB for Proc.1 is basically 533 Mhz (133 Mhz is the FSB of my P3 :lol)

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
i hav just installed 512mb ddr @ 400mhz ram in my frnds comp. but now it is making the windows to restart randomly & every app. is giving error (like that says send & don't send)
wht could be the prob?
is the ram faulty?
pl its really urgent.

cyrux

In the zone
Not necessarily, this could be incompatiblity of ram if its along with another module. What freq. doest the motherboard support . Is this ram installed with another one. If yes what is its freq ?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Go to the BIOS and and run the 2 memory modules at the same speed....Check wheather both the modules are pluged in properly.....

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
ashfame said:
is the ram faulty?
Generally, the computer doesnt boot if the RAM is faulty, and even if it does, it'll generally show a (BLUE SCREEN ERROR) and not that "REPORT-TO-MS-ERROR."
The reason may be incompatibility between modules, as others suggested :)

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
actually its along with 256mb ram which is working fine.
if the comp is only booted with old 256mb ram it goes fine but whenever 512mb is along with it, the prob. occurs which continues even if only 512mb ram is plugged in.
wht could be the prob. of ram?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
ashfame said:
actually its along with 256mb ram which is working fine.
if the comp is only booted with old 256mb ram it goes fine but whenever 512mb is along with it, the prob. occurs which continues even if only 512mb ram is plugged in.
wht could be the prob. of ram?

Does the mobo support the speed of the ram?
Is the ram brand new?

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
ashfame said:
yes the mobo supports 400mhz ram & its new.
Both the rams are of 400mhz.

Check the same ram in some other mobo......if it fails in that mobo..the ram might be faulty...get it replaced...

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
got that peice of ram checked by memtest, it was having errors so i get it replaced & now he is using a new ram already checked.
thanks for ur help guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom