RAM or CMOS problem....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Hi Guyz,
My friend's PC got a weird problem.
His PC boots at its will. Sometimes it doesnt even boots, I mean even the BIOS will not show up..Monitor light just keeps blinking. I checked RAM and installed it in another bank... But dint worked. Removed CMOS and erased settings and placed again.. It also dint worked.

Sometimes it boots and when I log in to XP then, sometimes monitor becomes Blurred out...(Like in some LINUX Screensavers..where the contents displayed on monitor seems to be washed away or moving sidewise like water). So checked in another monitor..But there also it dint workout.

So the culprit what I think may be RAM or CMOS... Or is it the BIOS problem. I am not that much expert in hardware.. So will u guyz please tell me the solution.
His configuration is:
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
512MB ddr 266MHz Ram
845 Motherboard.
He has NO External Graphics card..
Thanx in advance.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Me not facing this type of problem,i think it is my local power supply which is the cause of problem in my pc.

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Actually he is staying in hostel... There I think Grounding is not done correctly...Does it affect PC booting...???

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Do U think its a SMPS problem... But why does all the CD drives, HDD and even processor fan run when I switch on. (But it doesnt boot even if they run)

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Its SMPS problem. Same thing happened to me. 1 month back there was some prob with SMPS and I changed it. After that the prob started. Everything would run fine with nothing would come over monitor. I tried everything but in vain. Then I called my pc vendor and asked him to change the SMPS and after that no prob.

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
No not even BIOS will show up.
Chirag..I will try to fix my SMPS in his Cabinet...If it works then I will tell him to buy him new one or repair the SMPS. Thank You :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom