Rainbow Six Vegas (PC) ... Possibly the Best FPS of this year on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Guys, ne1 plyd this game yet ? Dunno whther this is available in India. I just finished playing this game on my friends PC equipped with a brand new 7950 GX2 and I am getting a feeling that I have played the best FPS for PC this year. :)

I will just mention the +ve points of this masterpiece:

1) Stunningly beautiful graphics based on Unreal Engine 3.

2) Top-notch tactical shooting, intense suspenseful conditions.

3) Ultimate realistic gameplay.

4) Terrfic AI of the opponents.

5) Good team interactive gameplay.

6) Good Story Driven Missions. :)

I wud suggest evry FPS lovers to instantly play this game if u haven't played it yet !!!! :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I am a FPS lover, but the game does not love my 6600GT.

btw , how different is th game from GRAW, i have played that.

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I didn't like GRAW..... Vegas is completely different from GRAW in some aspects like team-based gameplay mode and superior to all others !!!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Brilliant.This game does deserve an applause.I must say that it's the best Rainbow Six game I have ever played.It's heavily demanding on the system.Played it on my friend's 7900GT & it looked stunning.Being the first Unreal 3 engine sporting game on the PC,I feel the looks of the game has some elements of Gears of War being present in it.Not to mention the hide & shoot style which again has been picked up a la Gears of War style.Nonetheless,it sports excellent HDR lighting effects.Character models are pretty good but the AI is somewhat lousy IMO.

The control systems seems to have got a facelift.You can now sneak behind a wall using the right click & then press the right arrow key to sneak & fire.Same goes for a blind fire which can be done when you are taking cover behind a wall or box.Commanding the teams too is pretty easy.You point your corsair towards a certain point at then command you team mates to move accordingly.Plus you can even heal them when they are shot.:cool:

Overall I would say a job well done.Pretty happy with the graphics & the gameplay department too doesn't have much complaints.

hellrider

Broken In
Well... I must say my 6600GT is handling this game pretty well, I am getting decent frame rates in mid-high settings in 800x600, and game looks damn good!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yeah, for example take NFS MW & NFS Carbon.

MW weighs @ 2.84GB , while NFS Caron weighs 4.5+GB (not sure, forgot, but its above this for sure:D).
MW was longer (had more missions) than Carbon :D.

Stalker

Padawan
^^dunno why carbon was 5.31 GB ( i still hv it installed :D)??.....took me less than 2 days 2 finish the career.....maybe bcoz of the detailed cars??

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Rainbow Six fans, Witness the best Rainbow Six: Vegas teams compete in Team Survival mode for the top prize. And of course, you'll get to see your favorite GameSpot editors cover the entire competition with sharp commentary, in-depth gameplay analysis, and top-player interviews.

next broadcast @ 5am IST

link->Gamespot TV

if u know about shader levels and new effects like hdr n all that n all the new shi*...........then u'll know why carbon is that bigger than most wanted .
If u think meshes of objects(like cars or buildings) have a large size ......then u're hell wrong .
I can create a mustang gt in less than 2 mb

T

thunderbird.117

Most of the space are taken due to texturing. One high poly model and with high quality texturing takes around 300 or more MB. The size can be reduce if procedural texturing it will reduce the size around half of the size. One example use of procedural texturing is Roboblitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom