Railwire Broadband

chris

In the zone
Was same yesterday. Speed was as slow as 1mbps. Today it was back to normal.

Was approached by Kerala Vision people. 50mbps UL for 2k for 3 months. Don't want to reduce speed after using 100.
:)

RailWire maybe better than Kerala Vision. My cable operator says Kerala Vision have more problem. For him, railwire is better (faster youtube loading). Why will anyone pay so much for Kerala Vision 50 Mbps while others offering 100 mbps for better price. RailWire should have better network infrastructure compared to Kerala Vsion.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
KV 50mbps is 666 per month including gst. That's lower than Railwire's .
I am guessing KV is subleasing Airtel broadband.
Let me attach a pic.

photo_2020-02-27_12-25-53.jpg

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
The above pic is of Kerala Vision. What do you think of this?

If you do the same test with Railwire, there will be loss and many hops.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Railwire will be on their own after Google leaves them in May. I don't know what changes that will bring to Railwire.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I see it too. They provide through some other provider though. When you click on " Take subscription " it takes you to another domain. Then you get a page with Railwire like logo and font. I will call it phishing.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
It is some 3rd party doing it for Railwire. Probably giving Railwire a share of profit. I see no part where Railwire controls other than providing an internet connection.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Gentle reminder for everyone in Kerala. Do not take Kerala Vision internet. Multiple issues, downtimes etc reported by many people all over the state.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
In my place only Kerala Vision has reasonable true unlimited plans. I am planning to shift to it from present BSNL ADSL.

20 Mbps plan of KV is available for 800/month or so. This is true unlimited with no FUP bullshit.

What were the issues @Allu Azad? Hopefully not major such as security or data breach.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully not major such as security or data breach.
Security or data breach? If by security you mean injection of ads in webpages then it is only done by few small time ISPs(seen an exmple here itself by a member), security aspect is taken care of as long as you use https. Data breach is irrelevant because in India most ISPs don't have as much info about customers as developed countries & much more of your info is at risk on shopping sites/online wallets.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Allu Azad had mentioned multiple issues in his post above.

If it was pertaining to downtimes, I feel it cannot be worse compared to my present BSNL connection which although connected according to DSL lights, doesn't open webpages or stops downloading for brief periods not less than once in 5 minutes. This is lack of reliability is preventing me from completing many downloads that do not support resume.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
KV currently have all speed cut in half. That too not connecting most of the times. I suggest @sling-shot to stay away from kv. Call up railwire number to check availability.

sohan_92

In the zone
Hey, guys. I hope you are staying safe.

I am planning to take Railwire connection in my hometown (Bhubaneswar). But they are taking 5k for ftth installation despite on official site it is showing around 3k. They only reason the agent is providing is, due to covid19 pandemic the price has been increased temporary. I don't mind paying that much but their security refund amount is <1k, which kinda sucks. And no other good isp are available also in my area. Any suggestions?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing you can do then, at least ask them to give a demo of the service in some nearby area by using a laptop to connect & download some big trial software or game & some linux iso torrent.

Top Bottom