Railwire Broadband

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I complained about slow speed ( which is an occasional glitch in my area ). LCO brought Railwire employees to my home. According to them, if the LAN cable test speed with the nearest server is fine, they consider everything is fine.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm getting symmetric upload only in Indian servers. Outside India speed goes meh.
That is because domestic bandwidth is almost free while uploading overseas is comparatively much costlier.When a network upload data to another network then it also has to pay a kind of "convenience fee" to that other network.This is also the reason why seedboxes never apply download limit but upload limits are almost always capped(even the so called unlimited has abuse prevention clause somewhere).

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
That is because domestic bandwidth is almost free while uploading overseas is comparatively much costlier.When a network upload data to another network then it also has to pay a kind of "convenience fee" to that other network.This is also the reason why seedboxes never apply download limit but upload limits are almost always capped(even the so called unlimited has abuse prevention clause somewhere).
Is it possible to get full upload speed by using a vpn with Indian servers and root the traffic to it?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
May be possible but same rules apply to VPNs too(aka uploading bandwidth) so I doubt many Indian VPN servers will have high upload speed to foreign servers.In my opinion,using google drive is better option as many seedbox providers do install rclone/similar on request & there are other services too that offer to remote upload from google drive to other servers.In worst case scenario,you can always rent a small server(from providers like scaleway) by the hour & use that to transfer data from google servers to your seedbox(some guys transferred 100 of TBs within few hours with such setup).

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
From Sept 5 th, Jio is expected to launch plans with base speed as 100 Mbps. Any news from Railwire about how they are responding ?

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Looks like Railwire doesn't have to worry. Only some A category towns will receive GibaFiber in September. That is what the local newspaper said.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
New plans are coming, customer care confirmed it. They are offering 1 TB FUP in 1k plans. Post FUP at 4 Mbps. These are already being implemented to people who recharged this month. Customer care person said the official listing will come soon and we will get a message about it.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
New plans are coming, customer care confirmed it. They are offering 1 TB FUP in 1k plans. Post FUP at 4 Mbps. These are already being implemented to people who recharged this month. Customer care person said the official listing will come soon and we will get a message about it.
Official listing is out.

Internet tariff plans | Railwire

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
upload_2019-8-20_21-29-54.png

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
What is that speed mentioned? Is it download alone or upload/download are equal? And FUP is for download alone or total download+upload data transferred?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is that speed mentioned? Is it download alone or upload/download are equal? And FUP is for download alone or total download+upload data transferred?

This is the upload speed i get for the 75 mbps plan.. I've never had the need to contact the customer care as of now.
*www.speedtest.net/result/8431951798.png

As for FUP in case of home broadband connections it is always dl+ul.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
FTTH normally provide the same speed for upload and download. At least theoretically. The actual values may differ.

Railwire FUP is download + upload.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Jio Fiber plans looks inferior to what I have with Railwire. ₹ 849 plan from Jio looks the most appropriate with sub 1K Jio plans. But 200 GB sounds too less an FUP for 100 Mbps.

Top Bottom