Railwire Broadband

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Do you have the latest plans from Railwire ? Anyone can share the list ? It is not available on their website, yet.

Last edited:
OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Local cablewala gave those plans. That's the same in most circles. They website still shows the old plans.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Here we have crap plans even from Railwire. 1 Mbps costs around 800-900 I think. Not worth the hassle compared to BSNL broadband.

chris

In the zone
My BSNL get disconnected like once every month, BSNL guys take 1 day to fix this and i have to wait for them, use 3G etc.. If anyone using RailWire, how do you compare it to BSNL ?

chris

In the zone
Depends a lot on your cable provider. I have some downtime. But, nothing worse.

Thanks, i decided to go with RailWire because of FTTH. If its working, i will get my BSNL disconnected. It is old cable, that cause problems. With FTTH, they have better signal meter and tools, so they can identify problems, unless it is rail wire itself problem,

Kerala have new FTTH plans

*www.kerala.bsnl.co.in/FTTH/ftth_tariff.aspx

But only few bigger cities have FTTH, even there i am not sure many knows about this FTTH, so many use normal DSL.

Last edited:
OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Let's see how Railtel responds. Their responding rate reminds me of govt. share in the company. They are not fast responding to market changes.

Can we assume if we get Jio 4G, Jio fiber is around ?

chris

In the zone
Let's see how Railtel responds. Their responding rate reminds me of govt. share in the company. They are not fast responding to market changes.

Can we assume if we get Jio 4G, Jio fiber is around ?

Railtel will be like BSNL, they can't change fast like a private business. Hope JIO can get cable operators switch from RailTel to JIO Fiber.

I don't think Jio Fiber will do national level roll out as it need much more investment and lesser return than 4G.

I am using Railwire Broadband for over 6 months now. It's really good considering the fact that it's only replacement available in my area for the slow stuttering BSNL connection. I was paying nearly 1500 for 2 Mbps connection when i was using BSNL and frequent disconnection made me search for different option. I was little scared when i first tried Railwire. But i would say, It's best here in my area. The Operator is good as there is no frequent disconnection of Broadband. I am currently using 100 GB @ 20Mbps connection for 949 rupees. See the difference here compared to BSNL and i am really happy to switch the Railwire.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am using Railwire Broadband for over 6 months now. It's really good considering the fact that it's only replacement available in my area for the slow stuttering BSNL connection. I was paying nearly 1500 for 2 Mbps connection when i was using BSNL and frequent disconnection made me search for different option. I was little scared when i first tried Railwire. But i would say, It's best here in my area. The Operator is good as there is no frequent disconnection of Broadband. I am currently using 100 GB @ 20Mbps connection for 949 rupees. See the difference here compared to BSNL and i am really happy to switch the Railwire.

Railwaire provides connection through adsl modem like bsnl or through local cable operator ?

chris

In the zone
Railwaire provides connection through adsl modem like bsnl or through local cable operator ?

I am using RailWire, switched from BSNL to railwire 2 months back. They provide FTTH. It is provided by local cable operator. I am happy with RailWire, BSNL i have many failures, these guys don't care, when i have a frequent disconnect problem, i book, then they completely mess up the line for working, they just disconnect the line or something, so i don't get internet for a day, then they fix it next day. It is more of an OLD cable problem, lack of cable etc... With FTTH, they have tools to check signal strength etc.. so you will have less problems related to line issues.

So far i had 2 disconnects with RailWire, one i called cable operator, he said railwire issue, everyone have problem, that got resolved in like 2 hours. Last issue was yesterday like 1:30 AM in morning, that got resolved when i wake up in morning. I think this is more related to heavy rain here.

Top Bottom