RAIDing hard-disks with data

Status
Not open for further replies.

crs_cwiz

Broken In
Hey guys! I have two hard-disks, both WD3200KS, and i have the P5N32-E SLi mobo. I already have data stored on these hardisks - 5 total partitions and 3 windows installations to be precise, besides lots of movies, songs and games. (both hdd about half-filled) I got myself another hard-disk recently, a WD5000AAKS. Now i want to raid my earlier two hdd (raid 0) but i dont want to lose my windows installations or my data or partition configuration. Is this possible using some software? please help!

Thanks...

gcbeldar

In the zone
I dont know how to do Software RAID 0, which heard.

But, with bios setting & RAID drivers, u can create RAID 0.

I am sure, when u create RAID 0 with bios, first u have to create Array, 100% DATA will be lost.

Hope, some information will help use not 100%.

Use a Disk Imaging Tool like Norton Ghost, Acronis etc., to replicate ur present HDD data on the new 500 GB HDD and then format the twins and set up raid 0 from the bios.

OP
crs_cwiz

crs_cwiz

Broken In
thanks!! just a question... do the partitions in the new raid array have to be of the same size as the old ones?? i mean if initially a partition was 25 GB and i make a disk image of it, will it work in a partition of 30GB. Also, to restore the images, do i need to install windows??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom