Rafa does it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Rafael Nadal. Remember this name. Coz this man is capable of streaming tears down the most affluent of athletes. A man of which, to score a point, you have to play it thrice. A man, who after a grueling 5 hour match 48 hours earlier comes back and wins the Australian open, that lasted for more than 4 hours. A man,who has indescribable physical ability, a man whom at 22, has shaken the world with his godly performances.

Rafa, as we fondly remember him, is the Australian Open Champion, 2009. Congrats dude, we see you and cheer. You tire us watching you drive back even the fiercest of shots.You convert a two hour game into a 5 hour marathon. You refuse to give up. You refuse to accept defeat. You are as close to perfect as you can be. We hate you for that. We are jealous. But we want to hate you for the rest of our lives. You Rock Rafa. You inspire us to perspire. You are a god to atheists and we want you to remain so.

CONGRATS!!!!

Last edited:

manishjha18

In the zone
the semis between nadal and fernando was awesome--fernando should have won the match--the moment nadal won i knew he would defeat roger.

Winning 2 sets,i think he has perfectly answered nadal.
Now now how can u compare 6 time g.slam winner vid 13 time superstar!!
he is not even half way federer.

then nadal also has bandaged his knees !!!
his knees r gone....
having gone under knee surgeries more than 3 times explains his future brightly!!
n forget not federer suffered frm a glandular fever vich was very severe and he dropped just 1 place in ranking whereas Ancic ,1nce ranked 20 th lost 200 ranks!!!:Dfederer is just about class ,elegance and skill ...rafa is just run run n run!!!!!!11:cool:
he has only 1year more!!!

Last edited:
OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea, playing a 5 hour marathon a few hours before the final, and coming back with the same enthu and dedication in the final. You guys should be praising him rather than bashing. He had not lost a set in the entire tournament until the run in the semis. Thats speaks a lot about his commitment and level of brilliance. Federer all but stormed into the finals.

red_devil

Back!
mate, is there any term called ELEGANCE in Rafa's game ? nope.... its only power...when he came up against an equally powerful opponent in Verdasco in semis he got the game stretched to 5 sets...he might have even lost it if not for Verdasco's inexperience and that bloody double fault....

yes I do accept that Rafa is a good athlete....he's even better an athlete than Federer but he sure isn't a tennis player greater than Federer..

Its only time when someone powerful and young comes along and will just bead Nadal in his own power game...[like what happened with Williams sisters....]

there is this cliched saying in cricket "Form is temporary, class is permanent"

I would twist it a bit in tennis and say, "Power is temporary, Elegance is permanent" :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
then nadal also has bandaged his knees !!!
his knees r gone....
having gone under knee surgeries more than 3 times explains his future brightly!!
n forget not federer suffered frm a glandular fever vich was very severe and he dropped just 1 place in ranking whereas Ancic ,1nce ranked 20 th lost 200 ranks!!!:Dfederer is just about class ,elegance and skill ...rafa is just run run n run!!!!!!11:cool:
he has only 1year more!!!

huh. He is the only player after Agassi to win Grand Slams on all three surfaces. He is on track to be one of the few to win all four Grand Slam titles.

Rafa is not just about running, look at the angles that the creates.

red_devil

Back!
^ and even after creating all those angles, he almost lost to Verdasco... guess its about time when verdasco gets better of Rafa !!

[Roland Garros will probably the place ;) ]

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^ and even after creating all those angles, he almost lost to Verdasco... guess its about time when verdasco gets better of Rafa !!

[Roland Garros will probably the place ;) ]

Did you forget FedEX's fourth round match against Tomas Berdych??

See, I too am a fan of FedEx but I just can't stop appreciating the amount of high quality tennis that was played in the final and there is no doubt that FedEX was outplayed by Rafa. Had Rafa played a 3-setter in semi's, this would've been a 4setter.

red_devil

Back!
federer lost the first 2 there but the remaining 3 were a master class for Berdych...sadly the same cannot be said of the Rafa-Verdasco match..

and I'm not saying Rafa is bad...i'm only saying that Rafa's game is all about power, stamina by which he can chase down a lot of great balls...Federer is a class apart from Rafa..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ yes. But also remember that Berdych has a strained hamstring for 4th and 5th sets which made the task easy and on the other hand, Raja was playing with another Rafa in semifinals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom