Radeon R9 270X - 2GB or 4 GB ?

daemon1

Journeyman
Does it make huge difference of having 4 GB against 2 GB.
4 GB
2 GB

Price diff is around 2000 but is it worth spending more ?

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
i think r9 270x wouldnt be able to utilize more then 2gb since its not that powerfull.
i myself have sapphire dual x r9 270x 2gb.
also if you're resolution is more then 1080p then you will require more vram but then again 270x will not handle all games maxed out at more then 1080p

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Does it make huge difference of having 4 GB against 2 GB.
4 GB
2 GB

Price diff is around 2000 but is it worth spending more ?

Get the 2GB version and save the 2k instead. For 1080p resolutions & single monitors 2GB is more than enough. Multi-monitor setups require more than 2GB.Ok.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
i think r9 270x wouldnt be able to utilize more then 2gb since its not that powerfull.
i myself have sapphire dual x r9 270x 2gb.
also if you're resolution is more then 1080p then you will require more vram but then again 270x will not handle all games maxed out at more then 1080p
Are you able to play all games at 1080p? My resolution in 1080 only.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
Ok..I see many variant of 270x available online..which one to go for? I will try out locally first

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ok..I see many variant of 270x available online..which one to go for? I will try out locally first

you can check out asus 270x dcii or sapphire 270x dual x etc. also post the prices you are getting from local shops.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
8350 is a power hungry cpu. i suggest to sell vp450 and get antec vp550p or seasonic s12ii 520/620 to be on a safer side and also will help you while overclocking.

Thanks, I should get that one.

I guess the antec vp550 and vp550p are different right?

Also, in the description of 270x cards its mentioned that it requires 600w power? I assume its the peak its going to hit and not the average but then also is it fine ?

I checked description in this : Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R9 270X with Boost OC 2 GB in FK, not been able to go locally yet, just checking online.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks, I should get that one.

I guess the antec vp550 and vp550p are different right?

Also, in the description of 270x cards its mentioned that it requires 600w power? I assume its the peak its going to hit and not the average but then also is it fine ?

I checked description in this : Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R9 270X with Boost OC 2 GB in FK, not been able to go locally yet, just checking online.

get the newer vp550p. you can extend the warranty of it by 2 more years. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technolog...-extension-campaign-select-products-psus.html
270x does not need 600w. it will work with the chosen psu. it is 16.2k on FK. you may get better deals though.

Top Bottom