Radeon HD 6850 Goes Fanless

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
do one thing : add a fan as the TH guys have done. i mean, a straight 40 degree drop in temperature.... wtf were these guys smoking when they decided to forego the fan??? even a el cheapo one would have made this card a 'cooler master' (pun intended).

seriously, instead of busting a nut on increasing passive efficiency by over 9000%, they should have stuck on a nice fan and advertised it as the coolest running gpu in its category. would have turned more heads that way

they wanted to show the world that HD6850 can be passive cooled. and they achieved it. now who cares about the temperature. anyway not many will get this overpriced useless oven + GPU. it can't even bake a cake also.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
they wanted to show the world that HD6850 can be passive cooled. and they achieved it. now who cares about the temperature. anyway not many will get this overpriced useless oven + GPU. it can't even bake a cake also.

:lol:

But if you think like this: who would want to buy i7-2600k with that stock cooler, that even help to while cooking? ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
But if you think like this: who would want to buy i7-2600k with that stock cooler, that even help to while cooking? ;)

for i7 2600k @ stock speed the bundled cooler is enough. for overclock, spend ~2k more. but what will you do with this GPU? pay extra to get an overheating crap? then your brain strikes & you decide to install a GPU cooler = more cash spent. in the end, neither you get a fully functional GPU (replacing the cooler may void warranty) nor a overclockable beast like the unlocked proccy :neutral:

tkin

Back to school!!
for i7 2600k @ stock speed the bundled cooler is enough. for overclock, spend ~2k more. but what will you do with this GPU? pay extra to get an overheating crap? then your brain strikes & you decide to install a GPU cooler = more cash spent. in the end, neither you get a fully functional GPU (replacing the cooler may void warranty) nor a overclockable beast like the unlocked proccy :neutral:
i7 2600k will not run with stock cooler(it'll run at 70c+ under moderate loads), so its really not a good option. I tested this first hand.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess i7 2600k and this 6850 together can put the "mighty" FX5800 Ultra to shame. ;)

Top Bottom