Racing DNA unleashed - Apache RTR 180 (menace)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
TVS is planning to launch new model of Apache and it is expected to be named - TVS Apache RTR 180 - it will be powered by 180cc engine which is expected to generate 17.3 Bhp of maximum power with 15.5 Nm of maximum torque.
The bike will retain the basic lines of the current RTR and will come with all the high tech features: digital speedometer with top speed, 0-60 timer, trips, and other extra functionality plus stunning looks.
Apparently, the new bike will show off its sporty looks that glide through with a powerful 180cc engine. It is also expected to feature Anti-locking Braking System (ABS).

The expected price of new TVS Apache is around Rs. 75,000 and would be able to achieve maximum speed of 135kmph. It would a light weight bike and definitely faster. The new projector headlamps, front and rear disc and wide rubber would be the new additions in the bike.

Main Features Of TVS Apache RTR 180 :
1. Digital Speedometer.
Petal shaped disc brakes.
Bigger RTR sticker on the tank scoops
Naked chain cover.
LED tail lamps.
Clip on handlebar for various positions.
Service and battery indicator.
8. The digital display has a feature to test the top speed achieved.
9. You can also test your 0-60km/h timing on the digital display.
10. RTR 180 logo near the clip-on’s
11. A wider rear tyre
12. New white back light for the speedometer

Check out more

*autos.maxabout.com/twid0000322/tvs-apache-rtr-180-menace.aspx

video

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=lldiL1uDEIY

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
nice specs...but as far as we hav seen, all Apache series was having low quality built. Like chinese copy guns :D

OP
krates

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
nice specs...but as far as we hav seen, all Apache series was having low quality built. Like chinese copy guns :D

really ? i never knew that :p then FZ for the win

i am deciding between these two FZ and APACHE 180

17.3 bhp is really what i want :p

but FZ looks are also great + cheap too :)

utsav

damn busy...
really ? i never knew that :p then FZ for the win

i am deciding between these two FZ and APACHE 180

17.3 bhp is really what i want :p

but FZ looks are also great + cheap too :)

Tujhse splendor toh theek se balance hoti nehi hai aur tu 180cc bike lega? Dude u hav no idea what u r talking abt. Starting wid such a powerful bike is a very bad idea. Better get a 135cc bike and b safe

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
For that price you can also consider either Pulsar 200 or Pulsar 220.. you might wanna wait and see if Hero Honda plans to launch Karizma Fi

axxo

99.9% Idle
well said..TVS products are like the chinese crappy phones. Better get the original brands in the form of FZ,honda,etc.

azbokikr

Broken In
The Apache RTR180 is a great bike on paper atleast. TVS is confident its going to be a competition killer. However i do hope they sort out the legendary vibration issues and it is as good on the road as it is on paper.

well said..TVS products are like the chinese crappy phones. Better get the original brands in the form of FZ,honda,etc.

I beg to differ with axxo and j1n M@tt.

The Apaches so far have only had vibration issues. Apart from that, they are very good bikes. TVS has a racing division which have actively supported the development of the Apache. They are much better than the Pulsars. Of course they cannot be compared with the quality of the Yamahas or the Hondas. But, amongst the Indian bikes, they rule the roost. Much much better than the Chinese bikes.

Apart from this, there is a strong rumor that there's gonna be a Yamaha FZ250 launched very soon. Yamaha is apparently just waiting for Bajaj to launch the Ninja 250. :twisted:

OP
krates

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Tujhse splendor toh theek se balance hoti nehi hai aur tu 180cc bike lega? Dude u hav no idea what u r talking abt. Starting wid such a powerful bike is a very bad idea. Better get a 135cc bike and b safe

Aaj kal pulsar 180 and cbz extreme chala raha hun samjhe :twisted: ....... biking is so much fun..

tomorrow will go and try my bro apache 160 :D

pulsar is really good but it so common so i won't buy :D

bas results ka wait hai..

ache number nahi aaye ton xcd bhi nahi milegi :???:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Apaches are gud not only on paper...apart from their poor built quality, they hav the best pick up I hav eve seen among 150cc bikes so far. yep, dat vibrating issues will drive u crazy :p

The main problem is dat, after a year or so, the engine is almost finished. You wont feel the exact power and pick up dat u used to get when u brought the bike, and the engine complains are too high.

Even look at their new 180, it hav 17.3 BHP and 15.4Nm troque. A bike like this should come with some liquid cooling instead of air cooling....lets see whether Apache can now stand the heating issues without burning out the engine. :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
They have a gud history of fitting an overpowered engine into a el-cheapo frame built for cycles, and ur ass cud vibrate like hell asif the engine transmits the vibrations straight to the seats, handlbar and foot pedals.
There was no point in improving engine, they shudve done somethin to improve their older drwabacks.
And wat if u have a powerful bike and u cant use it the its meant to be?? over revved riding for a couple of months will get its engine dead or close to it.

Maybe they are using low quality piston cylinder seembly, rings, and crank. They somehow manage to sell technologies for cheap. Like FI, rear disc etc

One thing for sure, their console deserves a mention. Its totally rocks, and those specs bout consoles...ahh cant wait to see those. And handlebar assebly too is a thing of beaty unlike some other 3 piece assemblys.

utsav

damn busy...
The main problem is dat, after a year or so, the engine is almost finished. You wont feel the exact power and pick up dat u used to get when u brought the bike,

Ohh dude wtf? . I own a apache from the last two years and i always do 70+ wherever possible and the pickup and engine is as good as new. I get 52+ mileage and am very satisfied wid my bike. Vibrating issue is there at speeds excess of 75kmph only which is somewhat annoying for me as i use my bike mostly for touring and do 2000km every month, except dat everything is fine and rock solid. Regarding guys bragging abt el cheapo chassis and build quality , i would say get a life. I havnt faced a single issue with build quality . Now dont come saying that my bike must be an exceptionally well built bike.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^use any other bike for 2 years and you wont says so.....and doing a 70+ is not a gr8 deal. try to do 90+ everyday...and u will feel the difference. You wont get easily pass that mark as u would hav done it sometime back when u brought ur bike. am saying this not from any mags...these are facts that every Apache users blame about...even thou they like their bike.

utsav

damn busy...
Apaches are gud not only on paper...apart from their poor built quality, they hav the best pick up I hav eve seen among 150cc bikes so far. yep, dat vibrating issues will drive u crazy :p

The main problem is dat, after a year or so, the engine is almost finished. You wont feel the exact power and pick up dat u used to get when u brought the bike, and the engine complains are too high.

Even look at their new 180, it hav 17.3 BHP and 15.4Nm troque. A bike like this should come with some liquid cooling instead of air cooling....lets see whether Apache can now stand the heating issues without burning out the engine. :)

^^use any other bike for 2 years and you wont says so.....and doing a 70+ is not a gr8 deal. try to do 90+ everyday...and u will feel the difference. You wont get easily pass that mark as u would hav done it sometime back when u brought ur bike. am saying this not from any mags...these are facts that every Apache users blame about...even thou they like their bike.

By 70+ i meant i always ride at dat speed wherever possible. And 90+? Hah. I cross 100 everyday. The pickup is still great. I just complain abt the vibration at dat speed. I dont hav any complain abt any other thing. You will even find some videos uploaded by me on youtube of me doing 100+ on apache . Recently i uploaded a video in which i was riding and shooting a video too myself with one hand and crossed 100 on a busy highway during night. All i mean is that apache isnt so bad as people say that to be.

utsav

damn busy...
Here is the video link :D *www.youtube.com/watch?v=PooFb_W8xTQ . Plz dont laugh on my narration in the end :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom