Quicktime trouble in vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajasekharan

Youngling
hi all,
now this is going on for a very long time.....

certain quicktime files like this months "chip" quicktime movie trailor of "ratatouille" and many of my renders gets stuck in the middle , i cant see the picture, its frozen but the sound keeps playing , and then picture skips some frames .....stuck , goes on like this ..

well i have tried latest klite pack , freshly formatted . nothing else but it

also 2) freshly formatted and quicktime from apple.
3) freshly formatted and ffdshow installed ....

it at times gives me the error "superfetch stopped working"

well , i obviously have 2g ram. i dont use u.s.b as ready boost .

please help...:(

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Un-install the Quick Time Player u have, and then go here to download the Lastest player....

This could happen if u have an older verison... !!!

Suppose even u have Quick Time 7.1 and there is 7.1.6 some time u may need that 7.1.6 :(

anyway, Download it. *www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

OP
rajasekharan

rajasekharan

Youngling
i will try tonight...:), my connection is a night only one.

ok, i used GSpot and this is what it did

it used :
(src)-->>--(A)-->(ffdshow video docoder)>--(B)-->(video renderer) {now thats understandable)
(src)-->>--(A)-->(Nero quicktime(tm) audio Decoder)>--(B)-->(Default directsound device)

now can someone please tell me how exactly can i use this combination????

it plays perfectly well inside GSpot
1)audio is FU*ked up inside Mediacenter, nero showtime, media player classic (Klite).

2)video stucks for some, for those audio plays perfectly well.

and for rest boths plays well.

so i need a player :
which uses ffdshow video docoder (video) and Nero quicktime(tm) audio Decoder (audio)

or i need to tweak my system so that it uses this for playing quicktime files , how can i do that?????
please help...:(

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Uninstall K-Lite codec pack, Quicktime Alternative & FFDSHow, & Nero Showtime from your computer first. These can decode Quicktime in DirectShow, which is not very recommended while using 3d products.

Once everything is removed, try to play something. It should not play at all & give a "unknown file" error

Install official Quicktime player to play quicktime files now

Don't use FFDshow or Quicktime Alternative if u have 3Ds Max or Maya etc installed

OP
rajasekharan

rajasekharan

Youngling
well, am gonna try to do my 15th or so reinstall now...this time one more try , but with cccp.

then i will do another one with quicktime alone...

WTF can microsoft solve this...this is hell annoying.

alright, formatted the system .
this time only quicktime installed
result:
frames gets stuck while playing
while audio keeps playing.....
now what????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I think saw that with Vista Some time in some system when playing in VLC, one may have to do this,

in VLC, go to Settings >> Preferences, then at the Video Out put option, select Windows GDI, that some time solves the issue...

*img14.imgspot.com/u/07/180/16/Untitled.jpg

May be that can help a bit

OP
rajasekharan

rajasekharan

Youngling
@Choto Cheeta....brilliant , you are simply brilliant.

boy , that worked ...i had to switch to windows GDI mode...:)
yipee...one solution for all, now my vista plays all files without any problems..:)

well , i wonder why klite, cccp and other codecs failed though...

can someone please explain the reason behind that??????or is there any setting that need to be made like the one behind VLC to make them work too???????

@Avatar...i cant live without QT mate, i need them for my works on max and maya.so QT needs to be installed.but anyways i really appreciate your effort to put in an idea...:), its been something thats been bothering me for so long time.

OP
rajasekharan

rajasekharan

Youngling
i did mate...i did , it did not work....:(

oh, by the way , on more problem.
some renders under VLC is not working properly, i mean the picture appears somewhat grainy, cartoon type. is there any solution for it
?????

ahh, by the way , i guess the culprit may be the lack of tscc codec...which i will download and try...:)

Update:
no....it isnt cause of that , no effect what so ever...:(, althought the one video which required that got rectified

Update 2:
well its kind of OK. the problem (cartoon type picture) does not appear on fullscreen . it only appears on window mode, so my guess is :
the window mode cant handle the res of the picture well, which is quiet strange, since some of the other ones which are more high res than this one plays well in windowed mode.

well, so i guess thats it .

a little more help from you guys , am all done with the nightmares...:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom