Quickheal better than Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Yeah you've heard it right. Quickheal is better than Norton. It was succesful in removing Parite from the root. You'll be surprised to know that Norton could only touch it and give dumb warnings.

ujjwal

Padawan
I had a good experience with quickheal earlier ... but I think there are still better alternatives, like AVG and Kaspersky.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
i think we have hundreds of topic's like this..., plz search b4 posting....

*img62.exs.cx/img62/9472/signiture.gif

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
update update and update........
if your antivirus is updated then it can detect the virus ;)

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
I have Norton '03 & AVG - PHUREE edition !! running Simultaniously
AVG detected virus in a Movie CD , a MS dos type window appeared saying if to allow the infected file to access! ! I hit NO , it came again again - I hit No!. Still I watched the movie in WM player after the first part was about to finish --- TADA! norton qurintaine :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
btwn , there is one problem in norton, it takes greater amount of system resources...

*img62.exs.cx/img62/9472/signiture.gif

djmykey

Let the music play.....
been using kaspersky pe, and quickheal registered version man the competetion is neck to neck but kaspersky winz my vote coz qheal expires and we dont get its pe so kaspersky winz. Yo where can i get kaspersky updates tho
and also kaspersky detected a virus on the digit dvd omg we gotta keep a look on them too.

saROMan

QA Juggler
sorry bro..i donn thnk so...plz chk out a post names.....NAV alternative..ther is a link given to d/l 455viruses.zip ..i chked it out using NAV,Mcafee,AVG,QuickHeal,and Kaspersky.........out of it Nav ,mcafee detected most of them........and sadly AVG kud manage few of them..and Sadly Quick heal kud only manage 1 out of approx 600........(v 7.02 fully upgraded)........and surprisingly kaspersky got all of them...........

G

gxsaurav

saROMan said:
sorry bro..i donn thnk so...plz chk out a post names.....NAV alternative..ther is a link given to d/l 455viruses.zip ..i chked it out using NAV,Mcafee,AVG,QuickHeal,and Kaspersky.........out of it Nav ,mcafee detected most of them........and sadly AVG kud manage few of them..and Sadly Quick heal kud only manage 1 out of approx 600........(v 7.02 fully upgraded)........and surprisingly kaspersky got all of them...........

I posted that file, and NAV 2K5 fixed them all, but even I say, if U have less then 256 MB RAM then get KAV, NAV2K5 is eating 20 MB RAM in 5 services & 3.4 % of CPU, extremely unnoticable, I have 345 MB RAM Free out of 512

KAV ofr low end systems, NAV for Highend

Virus detection, NAV is better or just like KAV cos KAV still has a long way to catch NAV in reputation

talrejaharish

Journeyman
tel me ... wether Norton 2005 worm protection and trojan protection is good enough .... and also Firewall

i currently use Kaspersky

have Windows XP SP2 .... and 512 RAM

G

gxsaurav

Not quite, I m not using it, since I already use Sygate Firewall pro

If U use a firewall then disable IWM in NAV2K5, firewall is better, but if U don't use a firewall then IWM is a must

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom