Questions about windows installation

arjotsingh

Broken In
Hey Guys
Today I got a notification about windows 10 availability on july 29 and to reserve my free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7. I have a few questions about windows 10 installation

I have three laptops of which two came with windows 8 installed. But after some time I uninstalled windows 8, changed uefi bios to legacy bios and removed all the efi partitions and gpt partition table. I installed win 7 on the two laptops using the legacy bios and older partitions style. Now I came to know about that windows 10 will be installed only on systems with uefi bios. So please clarify.

If That is the case then please tell me how I can re enable the uefi bios on my two laptops bcoz I am planning to buy windows 10 for the laptops.

The third laptop is an older one and it used to support windows 8 partially(able to install but problems in booting process).
I think that it can fully support windows 8 and later models if I can flash my bios with an update utility from the manufacturer's website(Dell). Please suggest me about the precautions.

I am going to try the latest build installation on my laptops before buying windows 10. It is going to take a few days to download (slow connection only 512kbps) will report back to you soon.

In the meanwhile I am open to your suggestions and all the help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Top Bottom