Question on buying SMPS

doomgiver

Warframe
more efficiency means more power savings.
and both deliver their max eff. in almost the same power range (200W +- 15W)

so, go ahead, pick one. and megamind, buddy, im not saying that the seasonic is not upto it, but im just comparing them.

but look at the op's demands, he wont even need a vx450, much less a s2-II 520W.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - get these :

Core i5 2500k @11.4k
MSI Z68A-GD55 @ 9.8k
Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL @ 3.3k
Asus/Sony DVD RW Drive @ 1k
SeaSonic S12II 620 @ 4.5k

Total : 30k ;-) ;-)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
why buy from local shops? they suck. order online.
and corsair vx450 has better efficiency than seasonic at every level.
i have the data to prove it.
The quality of newer VX450 is degraded considerably compared to much older ones. Comparing them pretty much proves it.

more efficiency means more power savings.
By your defination, if someone buys a 600w to power up a system that consumes 300w just because its 90% efficient, its justified from power savings stand point. But its not. Efficiency plays little or no role in this scenario because the psu's capacity is not used.

The only strong selling point on corsair so far is that they replace a unit with a new one within 5-7 business days no questions asked and the well-known history of their quality of psu. However I would be skeptical in recommending newer VX series and the "gamer" series. VX series, only because of the quality drop. If Corsair would make a V2 version of VX series is something I would like to see, but I would be surprised if they don't.

But some of our forum members have had issues when powering GTX560TI with VX450.
I've seen the same issues with people who are using non corsair psu with same GFX card. But I think the most common component they're using are those 1333MHz cl9 XMS3 kits from Corsair. Just check out if those forum members are using the same/similar kits.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Sorry for hijacking OPs thread but I need to buy 430 watt PSU and can't decide between Corsair CX430v2 and Seasonic S12-II 430 How is after sale service of Seasonic unit?Would you people clear my doubt?how is seasonic unit compared to corsair?:mrgreen:

Top Bottom