Question about Vista (VG, here's one for you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
I use nVidia's Control Panel to adjust Color settings on my PC. However, the nVidia control panel loads only when I log into my account, so the login screens color is waaaay off.

Now I primarily need to adjust the Gamma setting. So is there a way to adjust gamma so that it is applied with windows starting up instead of only when nVidia control panel starts?

I'm assuming there's a simple registry key I can edit, if so, which one? Or better still, is there a way to get nVidia control panel to initialize before I logon?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Try to add nVidia starup entry in following key:

Code:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

You can copy the required key and its value from the current location which must be present in following key atm:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
You can copy the required key and its value from the current location which must be present in following key atm: [code said:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run[/code]

Nope. Its not there. Isn't that weird?

Crysis900

Broken In
wierd my my nvidia ctrl panel loades when my system starts up. Download the latest driver from the official website. BTW what is your system subscore.

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
@VG, I found the entry in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and created the corresponding string values in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

but all that did was prevented nVidia contol panel from starting up at all!

amitava82

MMO Addict
I had the same issue with my laptop gfx card. It's kinda known issue for Nvidia laptop cards. "Digital Vibrance" gets reset to 100% on reboot. Latest driver from *www.laptopvideo2go.com/ fixed my issue. Just download the driver and modified inf and you are good to go. should work for desktops too.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Option 1 : Use StartCpl to add nvidia's control panel to windows startup

OPtion 2: download and install powerstrip to control gamma

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
@amitava & chesss, I don't have an issue with nVidia CPL starting up, it does that! However, it starts only when I log in to my account... and as a result, the colours in the login screen need to be corrected.. So my actual question is , how can I adjust colours in the login screen?

amitava82

MMO Addict
@amitava & chesss, I don't have an issue with nVidia CPL starting up, it does that! However, it starts only when I log in to my account... and as a result, the colours in the login screen need to be corrected.. So my actual question is , how can I adjust colours in the login screen?
Yes that's what the problem is. Digital vibrance gets reset when you log on to your account. It's not gamma issue. Just download the driver and inf from the link I gave you. It should work.

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
@amitava, I checked up what you were saying by rebooting and opening nVidia CPL. The Digital Vibrance was set to the same value I had left it at. Plus, setting the digital vibrance to max makes my colours go nuts, but it does not look like what my Desktop usually looks like on startup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom