[Query] Steam Game Installation

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
I want to download a game via. Steam. And I want to download it in a drive other than my system drive (where Steam is installed, as that drive is almost full). Any way to change the download locations?
I couldn't find anything under Steam Settings. Please Help.
Thanks. :???:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
This will help you-
A way to change Steam download directory? - Ars Technica OpenForum

Read the 2nd last post :wink:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Have a look at the official Steam page.
*support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Warning: It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your SteamApps
folder before attempting this process.
If there is a problem in this process
and you do not have a backup of your
games or the SteamApps folder, it will
be necessary to reinstall the games individually. Please see the Using the Steam Backup Feature topic.

The following instructions are a simple
way to move your Steam installation
along with your games: 1. Exit the Steam client application. 2. Browse to the Steam installation folder
for the Steam installation you would
like to move ( C : \ P r o g r am F i l e s \ S t e am by default). 3. Delete all of the files and folders
except the S t e amAp p s folder and S t e am . e x e 4. Cut and paste the whole Steam folder
to the new location, for example: D : \ G ame s \ S t e am\ 5. Launch Steam and log into your
account. Steam will briefly update and then you
will be logged into your account. For
installed games, verify your game cache files and you will be ready to play. All future game content will be
downloaded to the new folder (D:
\Games\Steam\SteamApps\ in this
example)
If you encounter any errors during the
move process or when Steam is
launched from the new location, it may
be necessary to perform a more
thorough process: 1. Exit the Steam client application. 2. Browse to the Steam installation folder
for the Steam installation (continuing
the from the last section example, this
would be the new location of D : \ G ame s \ S t e am\ . 3. Move the S t e amAp p s folder from the Steam installation folder to your
desktop. 4. Review the Uninstalling Steam topic for instructions to uninstall Steam (this
must be done to remove your old
Steam installation settings from the
Windows Registry). 5. Review the Installing Steam topic for instructions to re-install Steam to the
desired location. 6. Move the S t e amAp p s folder into the new Steam installation folder to
copy all of your downloaded game
content, settings, and saved games to
the new location. 7. Start Steam and log in to your existing
Steam account to confirm that the
move was successful. 8. For installed games, verify your game cache files and you will be ready to play

Top Bottom