Query regarding new graphics driver

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
My Catalyst Control Center version is 2011.0930.2209.37895..i'm quite sure that it's very old..But whenever i try to update it thru the CCC it always displays that a latest version is not available.. So can i directly download and install the lastest driver 13.11 beta? Kindly help me out..

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Does your card use switchable graphics or enduro tech ?
My previous laptop had an amd 5650m, I had used the beta driver..but my switchable graphics stopped working ! ....**cking HP never updates drivers, thats why I didn't buy HP again.If you want switchable graphics to work, the latest drivers I remember which worked were 12.3/12.2
Hope this helps
Cheers!
Abhijit

OP
R

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
Does your card use switchable graphics or enduro tech ?
My previous laptop had an amd 5650m, I had used the beta driver..but my switchable graphics stopped working ! ....**cking HP never updates drivers, thats why I didn't buy HP again.If you want switchable graphics to work, the latest drivers I remember which worked were 12.3/12.2
Hope this helps
Cheers!
Abhijit

CCC.jpg

I have Radeon HD 6770 with switchable graphics..just now installed this beta version 13.11 and now i cant Fkn see the switching option in the Confirgure swictable graphics window..just some random poster sh1t is displayed..:shock:
How to resolve this issue?
Should i revert back to some previous version? also i didnt uninstall the CCC and its drivers before updating to 13.11. Would it have caused any problem or is it common since it's a beta version..

i recently updated CCC from a 2011 version to this beta version 13.11 directly without uninstalling the previous CCC drivers (didnt face any problems during the installation)..now i'm facing this problem-not able to find the switching option from the configure switchable graphics- window..howto resolve this?

View attachment 12766
Now i'm getting this error screenshot when i launch CCC. and my desktop resolution has changed to the basic display and in the right click option there is no option for configure switchable graphics View attachment 12767..so please help me out..

Can i uninstall the 13.11 Catalyst control center..which option shall i use uninstall manager or express uninstall all amd software? see this View attachment 12768

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
View attachment 12765

I have Radeon HD 6770 with switchable graphics..just now installed this beta version 13.11 and now i cant Fkn see the switching option in the Confirgure swictable graphics window..just some random poster sh1t is displayed..:shock:
How to resolve this issue?
Should i revert back to some previous version? also i didnt uninstall the CCC and its drivers before updating to 13.11. Would it have caused any problem or is it common since it's a beta version..

i recently updated CCC from a 2011 version to this beta version 13.11 directly without uninstalling the previous CCC drivers (didnt face any problems during the installation)..now i'm facing this problem-not able to find the switching option from the configure switchable graphics- window..howto resolve this?

View attachment 12766
Now i'm getting this error screenshot when i launch CCC. and my desktop resolution has changed to the basic display and in the right click option there is no option for configure switchable graphics View attachment 12767..so please help me out..

Can i uninstall the 13.11 Catalyst control center..which option shall i use uninstall manager or express uninstall all amd software? see this View attachment 12768

As I said the beta drivers wont work with switchable graphics. Follow these steps

1. Go to Control Panel-->Device Manager-->Display Adapter-->Amd Card-->Right Click(Properties)-->Driver Tab--Rollback Driver.

2. THE LATEST CATALYST DRIVERS WONT WORK WITH SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS, The last catalyst version that worked properly with Switchable Graphics was 12.3/12.2, Download and install those if you want to.

3. However if you still want the latest drivers, you have download and install custom drivers from this website

leshcatlabs.net ← Keeping it Simple. Ads free.

Note : If you want to use original beta drivers, you will have to do the graphics switching manually, that is enable and disable the amd card from device manager yourself.

Cheers!
Abhijit

OP
R

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
As I said the beta drivers wont work with switchable graphics. Follow these steps

1. Go to Control Panel-->Device Manager-->Display Adapter-->Amd Card-->Right Click(Properties)-->Driver Tab--Rollback Driver.

2. THE LATEST CATALYST DRIVERS WONT WORK WITH SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS, The last catalyst version that worked properly with Switchable Graphics was 12.3/12.2, Download and install those if you want to.

3. However if you still want the latest drivers, you have download and install custom drivers from this website

leshcatlabs.net ← Keeping it Simple. Ads free.

Note : If you want to use original beta drivers, you will have to do the graphics switching manually, that is enable and disable the amd card from device manager yourself.

Cheers!
Abhijit

Thanks for the help..but i think some of them are able to use 13.11 with switchable graphics..you can look at the last page posts of this thread: "*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/140870-hp-dv6-6017tx-6121tx-6140tx-dv6-6165tx-thread-124.html"

Top Bottom